+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience before graduation

albertpaulp

Apr 7, 2019
Hi, I'm really confused and if somebody could help me that'll be really great. I've got a 3-year Diploma in CS after that I've finished Btech in Computer Science. I've finished my Btech with few arrears but I got placed in a software company. Now I'm about to apply for express entry, I wanted to know if I can include my experience while I had my arrears.

3-year Diploma completion: 2012
Btech completion: 2015 (Cleared in 2018)
Work experience: 2015 - 2018

My Job code is NOC2173

I was under the impression that I can't use my experience after Btech because I haven't completed my course. When I check the official requirements section of the job code, it states,

• A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering or mathematics or completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
  • Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering, and passing a professional practice examination.
URL

My 3-year Diploma was in Computer Science, which means I can count my experience from 2015 to 2018 even though I have only cleared my BTech by 2018?

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Hi, I'm really confused and if somebody could help me that'll be really great. I've got a 3-year Diploma in CS after that I've finished Btech in Computer Science. I've finished my Btech with few arrears but I got placed in a software company. Now I'm about to apply for express entry, I wanted to know if I can include my experience while I had my arrears.

3-year Diploma completion: 2012
Btech completion: 2015 (Cleared in 2018)
Work experience: 2015 - 2018

My Job code is NOC2173

I was under the impression that I can't use my experience after Btech because I haven't completed my course. When I check the official requirements section of the job code, it states,

URL

My 3-year Diploma was in Computer Science, which means I can count my experience from 2015 to 2018 even though I have only cleared my BTech by 2018?
Did you get any response or feedback regarding this? Please update