+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience and Education not matching!

Wez123

Aug 22, 2022
I have completed my Masters in Accounting for which I am about to claim points for my eduaction for express entry. For my work experience, I do not have any experience as an Accountant. I have experience as a Chef de Partie. I started my job as a Chef de Partie back in 2018 but without any study or qualifications. I want to claim my 3 years full time work experience as a Chef de partie. Is it possible to do so without any educational qualification? I have work reference letter from my company already with me. Anyways, I did Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery on August 2020. Is it enough educational qualification for a Chef de partie to claim experience?? Should I only claim experience after the date of completion of this certificate?? Can I claim points for my work experience or not? Please help me! I am in very big dillemma!!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have completed my Masters in Accounting for which I am about to claim points for my eduaction for express entry. For my work experience, I do not have any experience as an Accountant. I have experience as a Chef de Partie. I started my job as a Chef de Partie back in 2018 but without any study or qualifications. I want to claim my 3 years full time work experience as a Chef de partie. Is it possible to do so without any educational qualification? I have work reference letter from my company already with me. Anyways, I did Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery on August 2020. Is it enough educational qualification for a Chef de partie to claim experience?? Should I only claim experience after the date of completion of this certificate?? Can I claim points for my work experience or not? Please help me! I am in very big dillemma!!!
For Express Entry, your education and work experience do not have to match.

Wez123

Aug 22, 2022
No, your education doesn’t need to match your NOC for EE.
I got that! I just want to know can i claim my work experience as a Chef without having any Cookery related qualifications? Will just a reference letter from my workplace work or do i need to have done any cookery related course to be a chef?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got that! I just want to know can i claim my work experience as a Chef without having any Cookery related qualifications? Will just a reference letter from my workplace work or do i need to have done any cookery related course to be a chef?
You will need signed employment letters on company letterhead with your job responsibilities, salary, time worked etc. You don’t need courses.

Phan Do

Dec 17, 2019
You will need signed employment letters on company letterhead with your job responsibilities, salary, time worked etc. You don’t need courses.
Do you know if it is okay to not have the company letterhead (the company is pretty well-known but for some reason, they dont want to print this on the paper with letterhead)?

And does the signed date on the employment letter matter? I have another employment letter with date back in 2019. Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you know if it is okay to not have the company letterhead (the company is pretty well-known but for some reason, they dont want to print this on the paper with letterhead)?

And does the signed date on the employment letter matter? I have another employment letter with date back in 2019. Thanks
As stated on the website, The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;
Applications for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check - Canada.ca

You would have to confirm with IRCC. You can have a letter dated back to 2019.

Reactions: Phan Do

Wez123

Aug 22, 2022
As stated on the website, The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;
Applications for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check - Canada.ca

You would have to confirm with IRCC. You can have a letter dated back to 2019.
What if it is not in a salary basis, but on hourly basis?? I used to work on hours basis but worked more than 35 Hours every week. Can i claim that experience?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What if it is not in a salary basis, but on hourly basis?? I used to work on hours basis but worked more than 35 Hours every week. Can i claim that experience?
Have you looked at EE-FSW eligibility requirements? You have ECA for your masters and IELTS, correct? Then for work exprience you need at least one year of continuous skilled, full time experience in one NOC.

Full time for EE is at least 30 hours per week and 1560 hours per year. Again all information is on the EE website on how to calculate hours. You work XX per hour and you can calculate your annual salary.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Search/QuickSearchJobTitleResults have a look at the SKILL LEVEL column. It is mentioned as : Occupation require college education or training! But i do not have any college education or training for chef
It doesn’t matter for Express Entry. Your NOC doesn’t need to match the education. For PNPs, it may matter where your educaiton must match your NOC like Saskatchewan. What is your CRS score?

Wez123

Aug 22, 2022
It doesn’t matter for Express Entry. Your NOC doesn’t need to match the education. For PNPs, it may matter where your educaiton must match your NOC like Saskatchewan. What is your CRS score?
478 if i do not need any education for showing my expereince. Do i have any chance? should i apply for state based nomination as well? what do you think, when will i get the invitation?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
478 if i do not need any education for showing my expereince. Do i have any chance? should i apply for state based nomination as well? what do you think, when will i get the invitation?
You have an ECA for your Masters. Well draws are above 520 so most likely not this year and who knows when it will go below 480. What is state based nomination? Do you mean provincial nominations (Canada doesn’t have states)? You have to research programs based on your NOC, CRS score, job offer, family in province etc.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Also Express Entry will likely change in the coming months because of the passing of Bill C-19. IRCC will be able to select candidates based on economic needs, and not just CRS score and skilled work experience.