+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work and Holiday visa to Study Permit - HELP

02Holic

Jun 30, 2017
Hey guys, would really appreciate if someone could answer this question, can't seem to find anything on the cic website..

I am on my work and Holiday visa which expires soon. I am about to apply for a study permit from within Canada as soon as I get my letter of acceptance. My studies start in September which is around six month away from now. So when I receive my study permit will I be able to keep working at my part time job in Canada while I wait for my studies to start in September?

If anyone knows the answer to this please help!

Thank you

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment but you can only work whilst your working holiday visa is still active, once that expires you cannot work again until you are in full time education under your study permit.

So your other posts you talk about having a PGWP so which do you actually have a PGWP or a working holiday visa.? Answer still the same though.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys, would really appreciate if someone could answer this question, can't seem to find anything on the cic website..

I am on my work and Holiday visa which expires soon. I am about to apply for a study permit from within Canada as soon as I get my letter of acceptance. My studies start in September which is around six month away from now. So when I receive my study permit will I be able to keep working at my part time job in Canada while I wait for my studies to start in September?

If anyone knows the answer to this please help!

Thank you
No - you won't. You'll need to stop working as soon as your IEC expires. You won't be able to start working again until your classes start in September.

Reactions: canuck78

02Holic

Jun 30, 2017
Others can comment but you can only work whilst your working holiday visa is still active, once that expires you cannot work again until you are in full time education under your study permit.

So your other posts you talk about having a PGWP so which do you actually have a PGWP or a working holiday visa.? Answer still the same though.
Thank you for your reply!
Yes you are correct I am on my PGWP, I posted this question on this forum to help out a friend who is in this situation.

Would there be any way for him to get a work visa (or any other visa) that will allow him to work while he is waiting for the school year to start? He is currently working a part time job at a restaurant.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Thank you for your reply!
Yes you are correct I am on my PGWP, I posted this question on this forum to help out a friend who is in this situation.

Would there be any way for him to get a work visa (or any other visa) that will allow him to work while he is waiting for the school year to start? He is currently working a part time job at a restaurant.
1. Not really as LMIA are only for full time positions.

Reactions: scylla