+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawn application refund concerns

teecup

Jul 23, 2010
I am very worried because I have not received the promised refund.

I withdrew my application (federal skilled worker class) and received a letter from the Manila office in December 2009 to expect a full refund of the application fees within 12 weeks. The Manila office also told me that any follow-ups should be directed to the Central Intake Office.

I wrote the Central Intake Office 2 months ago to follow up, and have not received any word from them. :(

Has anyone of you tried withdrawing your application and actually received a refund? Any advice is much appreciated. I really want to get my money back.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
A lawyer once told me it can take months to get the money back.

PommeDeRoute

Star Member
Feb 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

If you paid the fees with your credit card, initiate a dispute with your issuing institution (your bank). That's what I did when I had accidentally paid the Right of PR fee three times online due to a malfunction of the CIC website. I called the CIC and asked for a refund and I don't remember what they had asked me to do, but it involved jumping through the usual 1000s of hoops. I just disputed it with my bank, my credit card was refunded immediately and of course, there was no way the CIC would contest the dispute.

Good luck.

P.d.R.