+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawing application before AOR

immigrationfun

Star Member
May 17, 2016
I submitted a minor dependent child sponsorship / PR application online. But our timelines to get the child to Canada are getting delayed and I am trying to withdraw the online application and reapply later. I still do not have my AOR. Does someone have any experience here about withdrawing an online application before AOR? I submitted a webform with withdraw the application but they closed it saying the application is not available in the system yet.
Wondering if I will have to wait till AOR for this or if this is a processing error on IRCC's part?

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
I submitted a minor dependent child sponsorship / PR application online. But our timelines to get the child to Canada are getting delayed and I am trying to withdraw the online application and reapply later. I still do not have my AOR. Does someone have any experience here about withdrawing an online application before AOR? I submitted a webform with withdraw the application but they closed it saying the application is not available in the system yet.
Wondering if I will have to wait till AOR for this or if this is a processing error on IRCC's part?
Normally when you send a web form they say it can take up to 5 business days for them to respond to the question you ask.

Also,Quick question, for the dependent child application, you did it through the pr portal correct ? Did you use your email to submit the application? Or did you make an email for the child?

immigrationfun

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Yes, I got a reply within 3 days of submitting the webform saying they cannot find the application in the system yet. Hence the question, whether I need to wait till AOR to submit the withdrawal request or if the person who processed my webform simply made a mistake in finding my application.
Submitted using PR portal, separate email ID for the child.

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Yes, I got a reply within 3 days of submitting the webform saying they cannot find the application in the system yet. Hence the question, whether I need to wait till AOR to submit the withdrawal request or if the person who processed my webform simply made a mistake in finding my application.
Submitted using PR portal, separate email ID for the child.
Try and call them and see, maybe someone can assist you in withdrawing the application