+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will WES evaluate a Master's degree without a thesis?

UND88

Aug 17, 2019
I want to apply for express entry program. I have a bachelor's degree. I wanna get a Master for extra point in CRS. Does Master's degree has to be with Thesis? Can it be non-thesis program and still counted as a Master by WES for express entry?

manvina

Aug 26, 2020
WES doesnot evaluate Masters based on Thesis. So non-thesis program will still be considered Masters if its from accredited university.

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
I want to apply for express entry program. I have a bachelor's degree. I wanna get a Master for extra point in CRS. Does Master's degree has to be with Thesis? Can it be non-thesis program and still counted as a Master by WES for express entry?
I guess you need to have 180credits to achieve masters.
Will you be getting 180 credits without thesis?, that you have to check or else it will be considered post diploma
Not sure,experts can advise

JoshuaFraser

Oct 9, 2022
I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble evaluating a Master's degree without a thesis. In order for an accredited degree to be granted, the student must complete their thesis.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
It depends upon the course equivalency as per Canadian education standard. You can search for the Uni you are interested on the WES equivalency tool. As far as I know most of them are by thesis-.can be research or case study or a project