+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will they know?

AllisonChains08

Star Member
Feb 5, 2009
I've lived in NC my entire life except for a short stint I spent in MA back in 2003. I spent right around 6 months there, maybe just slightly more. My real question is if I don't obtain a police certificate from MA will CIC look into the fact that I lived there and try to find out if I was there long enough to need one? The proof that shows I lived there was a bank account that was opened and I had a job there for a short period of time (October-December). I'm not trying to scam them out of making me get a police certificate, I can just honestly say that I'm having a hard time remembering when I actually went there and then left.. I believe it was mid June till about the 3rd week in December. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

bobine

May 5, 2008
hi,
my question is why don't you want to get one from MA???
it looks to me like you are trying to hide some...
anyway it will depend on how you present you application,
i mean how you are going to list your previous and present
addresses. if mentioned that you had lived in MA, they will look
at the period of time and if PCC is needed they'll look for it.

if not mentioned, they won't but remember that FBI background
check will reveal all...in case you have some to hide.

bobine

AllisonChains08

Star Member
Feb 5, 2009
What in the world would I have to hide? I didn't want to go through the hassle of having to get a police check if I didn't need to, so I don't really understand what you're talking about.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
No matter what anyone tells you here, we will not be the ones handling your application. Even if we say you normally wouldn't need it, the IO processing your case could say differently.

You should get the police certificate. If you don't, it's likely they will request it later and it will cause you delays. Is it worth the risk?

AllisonChains08

Star Member
Feb 5, 2009
Nope, it's not. I don't want to cause any delays whatsoever if I can help it. I was able to find out how to obtain it via calling someone at the MA Criminal records office. They don't make it overly simple (NC or MA) to obtain a report as an individual, I just had to call both states and find out where to get the application. Since the police clearances are the most time sensitive, they'll probably be the last thing I take care of.