+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will they approve my study visa?

DanSI

Aug 2, 2014
Hello there,
Just like most of you guys I'd like to immigrate to Canada too.
I'm 23, got only high school diploma so I figured I'll study in Canada.. I've decided to register to Red River College in Winnipeg for a 2 years BA program.
Now here's the thing: by September 2015 I'll only have enough money to cover tuition and living costs for 1 year, not both. I figured I'll make enough money during my studies (can work 20 hrs a week while studying plus between year 1 and 2 there's a 4 month vacation so I can work 40 hours a week. if I make $10/hr which isn't a lot that's like $12,800 during studies and $6400 during my 4 month vacation, total of $19,200 which covers the fees of year 2 almost entirely.)
Now the money thing is problem number one, we've got problem number two, I heard that I must convince the immigration that I'll go back home as soon as I graduate, but I don't wanna lie.. and even if I wanted to I'm not a very good liar anyway. If I just tell them something like "I'd like to stay in Canada for the long term, but I might change my mind about it later" or something like that, do you think that'll work?

Thanks,
Dan.

aparna.bhardwaj

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-06-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2014
Hi Dan,
First of all, no one says explicitly that he/she will return back to their respective country after the studies. I didn't!!. We only show that we will return by producing some strong documents which will pull us out of Canada. All i hv explicitly stated in my covering letter is that 'My entire family resides in India due to my father's well established business!'. That's it. Not a single statement more. I haven't lied anywhere here. You needn't make up stories as even i firmly believe if we are doing that, then we are not respecting the system.
Just think of all the possible things you feel genuinely can take you back home later. And it's a fact, if one lies, it can be judged from your application. Also what i feel is they are more concerned if we pull our family members there one by one rather than we actually staying back. This is my view.

pink1975

Jul 28, 2014
The minimum proof of funds for study permit is one year. But you must also show the source of funds to cover the rest of your studies. Regarding the issue of either to lie or not about your intention to work in Canada, I must say that you will virtually have no chance for approval if you officially inform the Visa officer about your intention to work in Canada to cover your fees. This is something the Visa Officer will not like to hear from you because it an indication that you may like not to leave Canada after your studies. It's clear that by the revision of the rules covering sturdy permit, international students can work during their entire study circle in Canada however you can not use that intention to prove further of funds for your studies. Even though personally you do not went to lie in life but applying for Visa to a western country is a tricky game like chess and any unwanted utterance will put your application in danger.

aparna.bhardwaj

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-06-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2014
pink1975 said:
The minimum proof of funds for study permit is one year. But you must also show the source of funds to cover the rest of your studies. Regarding the issue of either to lie or not about your intention to work in Canada, I must say that you will virtually have no chance for approval if you officially inform the Visa officer about your intention to work in Canada to cover your fees. This is something the Visa Officer will not like to hear from you because it an indication that you may like not to leave Canada after your studies. It's clear that by the revision of the rules covering sturdy permit, international students can work during their entire study circle in Canada however you can not use that intention to prove further of funds for your studies. Even though personally you do not went to lie in life but applying for Visa to a western country is a tricky game like chess and any unwanted utterance will put your application in danger.
I agree! DO NOT mention that you want to work there even though you really want to. If you are going as a student, just show how genuinely focussed you are with your study purpose through your academic background and grades. This is how they see if you are a genuine student who has no other intentions. No one knows what happens after studies so neither you need to say that you will work there nor you need to mention explicitly that you are coming back.show your strong ties through supporting documents and the rest, your academic grades will speak for you..

Lexmark86

Nov 5, 2014
Hi! Is part time jobs in Winnipeg hard to find? I am planning to take up 2 year diploma in business in 2015. Hope somebody can advice. Thank you!