+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will my Visitor Visa be revoked if I apply for Student Visa?

thea_ruth13

Jul 18, 2020
Hello! I have a 10-year Visitor Visa for Canada. I am planning to apply for Student Visa soon. If ever I get approved for Student Visa, will the Immigration revoke my Visitor Visa status? Or is it possible to have 2 kinds of visa on hand?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Canada doesn't issue student visas. Canada issues student permits. (it is possible to be in Canada with a valid permit and no valid visa, if the visa expires)

You still need a temporary resident visa (TRV) to travel to Canada, so they would not revoke yours unless they were to issue you a newer, longer one.

thea_ruth13

Jul 18, 2020
Canada doesn't issue student visas. Canada issues student permits. (it is possible to be in Canada with a valid permit and no valid visa, if the visa expires)

You still need a temporary resident visa (TRV) to travel to Canada, so they would not revoke yours unless they were to issue you a newer, longer one.

I see... Thank you so much! My Visitor Visa is good for 10 years. I’m planning to take up a 2-year course so I guess my Student Permit will always be valid for 2 years. Good to know that they won’t revoke my Visitor Visa in this case I get approved for a Student Permit. I would really love to visit Canada once in a while after I finish my studies and I don’t want to go through the hassle of getting a new Visa.

Tenianu

Jul 14, 2020
Hello! I have a 10-year Visitor Visa for Canada. I am planning to apply for Student Visa soon. If ever I get approved for Student Visa, will the Immigration revoke my Visitor Visa status? Or is it possible to have 2 kinds of visa on hand?
Yes it is possible to have 2 Visas..Visitors and Student Visa....You get your permit at POE...Usually the Student TRV will expire alongside with the LOI you will be issued to present at POE..Hope this helps!