+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will my current Indian PCC work for Citizenship Application?

Leoro619

Sep 1, 2015
Hello,
I recently sponsored my wife for PR. We are both in Canada. Even though it was Sponsorship I still applied for PCC from Toronto just in case IRCC asks one for Sponsor.
I received the PCC this month. In that PCC it says " FOR IMMIGRATION PURPOSES OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP".
I become eligible for Citizenship Application in around 2 months time.
Can I use this PCC for my Citizenship application.
I am wondering if it would work as the Indian Govt. clearly printed saying not for citizenship.
If not, Can I apply for PCC again? I just received it.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello,
I recently sponsored my wife for PR. We are both in Canada. Even though it was Sponsorship I still applied for PCC from Toronto just in case IRCC asks one for Sponsor.
I received the PCC this month. In that PCC it says " FOR IMMIGRATION PURPOSES OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP".
I am wondering if it would work as the Indian Govt. clearly printed saying not for citizenship.
I wouldn't recommend using this PCC because it clearly says "FOR IMMIGRATION PURPOSES OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP".

First, determine if you need a PCC for India. To determine if you need a PCC, answer the following questions :

1. What date did you first arrive in Canada in the past 4 years and on what status?
2. What date did you land as a Permanent Resident in Canada?
3. Did you stay in India for 183 days or more in a row in the past 4 years?
4. If you answered YES to Q4, Was this stay in India before you landed as a PR or after?
5. Was India your country of origin immediately before you established PR in Canada and did you submit an Indian PCC along with your PR application?

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
Hello,
" FOR IMMIGRATION PURPOSES OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP"

That seems clear enough. Why would IRCC accept for citizenship an official document that states it cannot be used for citizenship?

Leoro619

Sep 1, 2015
Hello rajkamalmohanram
Thank you! I read through the requirements. From the looks of it, I don't need to submit PCC but I am not 100% sure.
Here is my brief timeline:
1. April 30, 2016: 1st Entry to Canada
2. Sept - October 2018: Went to India for 30 days, came back to Canada end of October
3. July 2019 - Received my PR
4. Nov - Dec 2019: Went to India for around 33 days, came back to Canada end of December.
I have been in Canada ever since.

What do you think?
Thanks!

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
Hello rajkamalmohanram
Thank you! I read through the requirements. From the looks of it, I don't need to submit PCC but I am not 100% sure.
2. Sept - October 2018: Went to India for 30 days, came back to Canada end of October
4. Nov - Dec 2019: Went to India for around 33 days, came back to Canada end of December.

What do you think?
Thanks!
It appears that there is no reason for you to submit the PCC then.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello rajkamalmohanram

What do you think?
Thanks!
Based on your response, you don't need a Police Certificate from India since you were NOT in India for more than 6 months in a row in the past 4 years.