+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will I need a PCC for 4 months stay in the US?

Jan 7, 2021
Hi everyone,

I received my ITA on November 18 of last year, so I have until Feb 17, 2021 to submit documents. I've obtained a PCC from my home country since I stayed there for over a year prior to moving to Canada, but I am now concerned that the IRCC may ask for a PCC from the US. Prior to moving to Canada for university, I had spent 4 consecutive months in the US as I initially went to university there, but it wasn't a great fit so I moved to Canada instead.

Do you think I will be asked for a US PCC? The system isn't asking for it, but how likely will it be that the IRCC requests this later on? I haven't started the process as I've only realized this now while I'm compiling all of my documents, and I'd rather not go through that process because it may take some time.

Thanks so much for your help in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: CanadianSnowBird
Jan 7, 2021
In case this might be helpful to someone in the future: Ended up not requesting a US PCC. Faced no blocks during my BGC, and I got my COPR earlier this month.

I was advised by an immigration consultant that PCCs aren't required unless you have spent 6+ months in a country since turning 18, although the IRCC reserves the right to ask for it later - so use your best judgment.

Reactions: CanadianSnowBird

CanadianSnowBird

Star Member
Oct 1, 2023
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
OINP HCP (Healthcare) -submitted - 08/11/2023
God bless you!!! God B-L-E-S-S YOUUU! I am almost exactly in the same situation (you might see that sometimes this accounts comments from a female perspective - my wife does it) and You were God sent. I went to the UK and spent 4 months and 4 days there and then went back to my country , studied remotely , we figured moving to Canada would be better both financially (cheaper education) and for our future in general so I moved on haha wow I've searched all over the internet and couldn't find a similar situation! Thank you!!