+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will I be able to apply for CEC in 2015?

jescaba86

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there,
Right now I am working as a baker with my post-grad-WP (NOC skill type B). Does it count as cook or something else? Because if someone is working as a cook, he won't be able to apply for the CEC according to immigration Canada.

I have another question. Before coming to Canada, almost five years ago, I had to take a medical exam to study at a University. I did the exam and of course everything went well. But I remember when applying for my post-grad-WP they asked if I have lived or traveled for more than 6 months at any designated country (I am from Mexico, and I think we don't need a medical exam now), OR if I was planning to work on certain fields such as teaching lessons to little kids, work with elderly, etc. Back then I did not think about teaching kids but now I might do it. So the question is this: Do I have to take a new medical exam even if I haven't left Canada for more than 6 months? My post-grad-WP does't say anything about not working with kids in the CONDITIONS section.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jescaba86 said:
Hello there,
Right now I am working as a baker with my post-grad-WP (NOC skill type B). Does it count as cook or something else? Because if someone is working as a cook, he won't be able to apply for the CEC according to immigration Canada.

I have another question. Before coming to Canada, almost five years ago, I had to take a medical exam to study at a University. I did the exam and of course everything went well. But I remember when applying for my post-grad-WP they asked if I have lived or traveled for more than 6 months at any designated country (I am from Mexico, and I think we don't need a medical exam now), OR if I was planning to work on certain fields such as teaching lessons to little kids, work with elderly, etc. Back then I did not think about teaching kids but now I might do it. So the question is this: Do I have to take a new medical exam even if I haven't left Canada for more than 6 months? My post-grad-WP does't say anything about not working with kids in the CONDITIONS section.

you can apply CEC under EE , because it canceled the occupation limitation. but you should know more about EE system , it is a point system pgWP have no LMIA, it means you lost 600 points to compete with others in a system which total point is 1200.

in another words, you apply , but maybe not be chosen by CIC.

the 6 months story would be about criminal record ( I am not sure if something missed here ).

medical exam for PR application will not happened in the beginning. they will email you , if the time arrive. and yes, it must be done if you are successfully get PR . if not , e.g rejected for your case, you maybe needn't do it.

so don't worry it .

jescaba86

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, but I do not think I was clear enough on my second question.

I am working right now with my PGWP, which I didn't do a medical exam because I had one before coming to Canada almost 5 years ago. My work permit doesn't say anything like "not allowed to work with children". But I want to start teaching music to kids NOW as well. Should I take a medical exam ASAP? Is that even doable? Or I do not need to?

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jescaba86 said:
Thanks, but I do not think I was clear enough on my second question.

I am working right now with my PGWP, which I didn't do a medical exam because I had one before coming to Canada almost 5 years ago. My work permit doesn't say anything like "not allowed to work with children". But I want to start teaching music to kids NOW as well. Should I take a medical exam ASAP? Is that even doable? Or I do not need to?

if your work permit is open work permit, yes, you can , suggest call CIC to confirm , if you don't know very well about your work permit type .

mostly, your work permit it open work permit .

no , you needn't, because you have get your work permit. if you need medical for work permit, it would be before you get it. not after.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
jescaba86 said:
First, baker has it's own NOC, 6332, and is not currently excluded like cooks.
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/SearchKeywordResult.aspx?val11=baker&val12=0&val13=0&val14=&val15=0&val16=0

And, in any case, there will be no specific exclusions for CEC next year (under Express Entry), so even cooks can apply.

jescaba86 said:
So the question is this: Do I have to take a new medical exam even if I haven't left Canada for more than 6 months? My post-grad-WP does't say anything about not working with kids in the CONDITIONS section.
For the PR application, yes, you will need to take a medical exam, all PR applicants do, and the exam itself is a bit different. They are considered valid for one year.