+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will FBI background check report the US status?

javy01

Jul 11, 2010
Someone who can help me..

I get into the US with a Tourist visa like 9 years ago, that time was very simple to get a Driver's License with a SSN only memorized, not proof needed, my DL was revoqued due I couldn't prove the legal status, this happen last year. Now I am in need of FBI police check and I feel afraid that with this process appear that I was using a SSN not beloging to me and get in trouble for this, also that they can find my overstaying in US. I already have been appoved for PR and want to know if this will change the process? Can someone help me?

Thank you

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Normally FBI will not come after you for requesting FBI clearance report even if you are out of status. On your ssn issue it's tricky. Did you say you used a fake number that doesn't exist or you used someone's else valid number?

¬m2l

javy01

Jul 11, 2010
The SSN is from somebody that I know, but for sure this person will not report the use of it.

Thank you for the time you take for my question, I really appreciate it.

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The thing is fbi uses ssn to seach their NCIC database for any criminal information and that's why ssn is required in your background check application. I'm not sure what will happen if this number comes up with a different name. My best guess is they will assume it's a typo and return your application for correction. If you can afford I would highly recommend you get a lawyer before you proceed.

¬m2l

javy01

Jul 11, 2010
I do not have a SSN, so far as I know the FBI form consider as optional the SSN field, they use the field to filter all the information that they can receive from the name and DOB beloging to who is applying for that check, I will consider the option that you suggest me. Again, thank you very much for your time!!!!

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try to apply without ssn and see if they will do the check. On the online application form it's indicated that ssn is required but there could be exceptions >> http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/forms/cover_letter.pdf
Your other option would be to apply for ITIN number from IRS and use that as ssn. It's a nine digit number just like ssn that let people without ssn file their taxes. You can walk into any local IRS office and get one. The only proof required is that you were living in the US in prior year (2009) and therefore need to file your taxes. No other questions asked.

¬m2l

javy01

Jul 11, 2010
I already have an ITIN since 8 years ago because I'm reporting my taxes with that number, I didn't know we could use it to complete the FBI form. I will use it then, I will keep you update how the report results in case some issues about the use of the ITIN. In case you have some more sugestions, please feel free, I'm learning a lot from all information you share with me. Thank you very very much to take the time for my issues.

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's good you have ITIN number, that's the one to use. I think you are all set. Good luck.

¬m2l