Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I got my PR in 2017 with my ex-husband via Express Entry. He is the primary applicant. Me and our kid have been included in the application and we both are issued PR while landing together.
After that we were still living in other countries and the marriage does not work out. So we divorced outside Canada in early 2018. Our marriage lasted for 2.5 years in total.

I saw my PR card will expire in 2022. I plan to move to Canada with my child this year.
But will my divorce revoke my PR status?

Thanks a lot.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I got my PR in 2017 with my ex-husband via Express Entry. He is the primary applicant. Me and our kid have been included in the application and we both are issued PR while landing together.
After that we were still living in other countries and the marriage does not work out. So we divorced outside Canada in early 2018. Our marriage lasted for 2.5 years in total.

I saw my PR card will expire in 2022. I plan to move to Canada with my child this year.
But will my divorce revoke my PR status?

Thanks a lot.
Hi

Your divorce will not effect your PR status.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
As above no issue and no idea when you landed in 2017 but try to stay on plan for at least by end 2019 given deferring into 2020 depending on when your 3 year landing anniversary falls you can get close to issues with residency obligation of 2 out 5 years. As it is you may need to plan to stay put in Canada for a while to ensure you meet the RO through 2022 when comes time to renew your card.

Slightly off topic and probably quoting the obvious but make sure you bring with you any documentation from your home country not for any particular reason but COPR , birth certificates and any divorce papers etc. Good luck.

Last edited: