+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will CIC(London) keep my passport at interview time for visa issue or ask later?

yasi

Mar 23, 2009
Hello my Seniors PMM and all

Through MP i came to know that they gonna call me for interview .
i am on student visa in lodon and it will run out in 31 july my question is

1.Will CIC(London) keep my passport at interview time for visa issue or ask later?

2.wot documents i need to take with me ?

3.how much is the averange time to stamp visa after interview?
thx

Regards
Yasi

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

yasi said:
Hello my Seniors PMM and all

Through MP i came to know that they gonna call me for interview .
i am on student visa in lodon and it will run out in 31 july my question is

1.Will CIC(London) keep my passport at interview time for visa issue or ask later?

2.wot documents i need to take with me ?

3.how much is the averange time to stamp visa after interview?
thx

Regards
Yasi
1. No they won't keep your passport.
2. If they require documents it will be in the interview request letter.
3. No idea, there is only 1 entry for a spousal interview at London in Trackitt. But it will be a few months I would think.
4. You should apply for CAIPs to determine the reason for the interview.

PMM

yasi

Mar 23, 2009
thx very much

ya i have applied for caips already and it is expexted in first week of june.
and if my visa will finish then wot will happend ?
will i need to transfer the file to my home country pakistan?

by the way my file in london from last 9 months.

wot u suggest should i transfer or apply uk visa extension?

thx bye

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

yasi said:
thx very much

ya i have applied for caips already and it is expexted in first week of june.
and if my visa will finish then wot will happend ?
will i need to transfer the file to my home country pakistan?

by the way my file in london from last 9 months.

wot u suggest should i transfer or apply uk visa extension?

thx bye
Apply for UK extension.

PMM

Emmy

Star Member
Jun 27, 2008
CAIPS is the computer system they use when processing overseas visa applications. You can order a printout of the notes from the system to see what processing has been done on your application.

At the moment it seems to be taking about 4-6 weeks for them to arrive once you order them, so it's not an instant process. Also, it's usually only of benefit if your case is taking a long time, otherwise there won't be much on the notes as they haven't done much work on your application.

For more info try:

http://immipedia.ca/CAIPS

Also, use the search feature on this forum to find more detailed discussions on it.

StressedT

May 15, 2009
Thanks so so much Emmy - I am today typing up a letter that I will fax to CAIPS to get this info!! We have been waiting 2 years for a conjugal sponsorship - I have explained our situation under the London Visa Office Entry. Our lawyer has never even mentioned this to us - yet we are so desperate for info! Thanks again.

Emmy

Star Member
Jun 27, 2008
I don't think you can actually include a letter detailing your case and asking questions. In fact on the actual CAIPS request form it specifically states to only send in the forms and to not accompany it with a letter. I guess it's just an admin person who processes the CAIPS request, prints out the notes and mails them. So they won't be able to actually give you any answers.

You need to fill in a request form (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/release-info.asp) and if the PR applicant isn't in Canada, an authorisation form giving the sponsor permission to request the notes on their behalf (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5563.asp).

Also, read through this thread as it was recently discussed there with some help in how to fill out the forms:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t16623.0.html