+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will CIC compare my current express entry profile to an old express entry profile?

jj.cull

Sep 6, 2018
Hi there,

My boyfriend has recently been refused for making a work history change after he was chosen out of the pool.

That being said, He recently created a new express entry profile and has been chosen out of the pool again.
He is just concerned that CIC will compare both express entry profiles and refuse him again.

Can someone who has been through this process explain to us if CIC compare your old express entry profile to your current one?

Thank you :)

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
Did he recieve two ITAs, one for each of his profile?
If yes then reject the ITA for the profile that he doesn't want to use anymore and accept the ITA for the other profile.
I don't think IRCC would compare two profiles but I'm not sure.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
There will be question where you have to specify if you have ever applied for this service before - which he obviously has to answer "yes" to. I'm not sure if this will trigger any other questions etc. I believe there may also be a question if he ever had an application refused - which he would also have to answer "yes" to.

I assume that they will compare the current application with the old one, especially given that his application was refused on the basis of a work history change. What kind of a history change was it? If it's something minor like deciding a different NOC-code is more suited, then it probably won't lead to any issues. If it's completely different jobs getting added/removed to his work history, of course this will raise suspicion and should be explained in the LOE.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Without a doubt they will compare both profiles. My first application was rejected due to a PCC issue. When I ordered the notes for my second application, you could clearly see where they had combined the two profiles.

Adnan_990

Star Member
Jan 10, 2024
Hi there,

My boyfriend has recently been refused for making a work history change after he was chosen out of the pool.

That being said, He recently created a new express entry profile and has been chosen out of the pool again.
He is just concerned that CIC will compare both express entry profiles and refuse him again.

Can someone who has been through this process explain to us if CIC compare your old express entry profile to your current one?

Thank you :)
Hi there, I hope that your bf got his pr, I am in the same boat and really don’t know what to do