+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will BC-PNP help or hurt processing times?

falernian

Nov 21, 2017
Hi all,

I'm an American on a post-graduation work permit who will be eligible to apply for PR in early January 2017. I have a projected CRS score of about 539 for Express Entry. I also could receive a guaranteed BC-PNP ITA if I applied (International Graduate track).

I am in a living situation where I will want to get PR quickly--if at all possible, PR card in hand by August of 2017. I have two questions:

1. Should I pay the extra $700 for the provincial nomination or are my EE CRS points high enough to have a good chance at receiving an ITA early in 2017 through regular Express Entry?

2. Which would be the best track in terms of getting PR processed ASAP? On the one hand I see evidence that a provincial nomination will hugely expedite my application, and on the other, I see that processing times for provincial nominations can be much longer (something about being paper-based?).

I may be willing to pay the $700 for the provincial nomination if it meant my PR was more likely to be done by August, but definitely wouldn't want to extend the processing time. (And I am correct in understanding that the BC-PNP would be an additional $700 on top of the normal EE $1040 for processing and right of permanent residence fees?)

Thank you in advance for your help!