+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will Backlogs affect the visa chances? Please help.

Darvin

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Hi all,

I had 14 backlogs in B.Tech and all are cleared, Is this backlogs affect my visa chances? I have also got offer letter from New Zealand, so confused where to apply.

Thanks..........

chiranjeev

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Darvin, for what course have u applied in NZ and Canada? And what university have u applied in NZ and Canada? :) I also need to apply. ;D

Harry22

Mar 17, 2013
Visa Office......
VFS CHD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2013
IELTS Request
7.0(L-9.0, S-6.5, R-6.5, W5.5)
Passport Req..
01-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2013
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
Darvin said:
Hi all,

I had 14 backlogs in B.Tech and all are cleared, Is this backlogs affect my visa chances? I have also got offer letter from New Zealand, so confused where to apply.

Thanks..........
Hi Darvin,
Why do you want to mention that you got that much backlogs?
You can get Visa with good SOP .
I suggest you to go for Canada.
Thanks
--
Harry

Reactions: ashwanisharma25

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Darvin said:
Hi all,

Thanks..........
yup they will, but u can still get visa if u have done well in ur last years u can say like I was not very interested in studies at first but then I realize that in modern world education is very important blah blah then I worked very hard and all this stuff,, get good IELTS score u may get it, try ur luck

chiranjeev

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Harry22 said:
Hi Darvin,
Thanks
--
Harry
Harry! but i have seen the cases of visa rejection because of back logs:) even i have the same scenario... I would be thankful to you if u could please evaluate my profile!

10th : 73 % (CBSE, India)
12th : 61% ( CBSE, India)
Beng : 70% ( ECE)
Work experience after bachelors is 3.9 years in IT. Currently working at DELL, India.
IELTS: 7 overall. R:7.5, W: 6, L: 8, S: 7.
National Science Olympiad Winner. ranked 26th in state.

Backs of 11 subjects in second year only. Faced some unfortunate incident in second year that's y these back logs and i had to drop engineering for 2 years after 2nd year. For these 2 years, I was doing job. :) and then joined engineering and completed it.

Please assist! Do I have a little chance of getting admission to any university? :)

chiranjeev

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
sharjeel91 said:
yup they will, but u can still get visa if u have done well in ur last years u can say like I was not very interested in studies at first but then I realize that in modern world education is very important blah blah then I worked very hard and all this stuff,, get good IELTS score u may get it, try ur luck
Dear Sharjeel, I will be very thankful to you, If u could please assist me in evaluating my profile and see if I have any chance to any university.... :)
Details regarding my profile is posted above ! Plz help :)

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
chiranjeev said:
Dear Sharjeel, I will be very thankful to you, If u could please assist me in evaluating my profile and see if I have any chance to any university.... :)
Details regarding my profile is posted above ! Plz help :)
Depends, if u can justify ur position then u can get it, well what was ur cgpa in bachelors at last two years and the total in last?

chiranjeev

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
sharjeel91 said:
Depends, if u can justify ur position then u can get it, well what was ur cgpa in bachelors at last two years and the total in last?
Mine CGPA at last two years is 69.54 % and overall aggregate is 61% :)

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
chiranjeev said:
Mine CGPA at last two years is 69.54 % and overall aggregate is 61% :)
well most of the canadian universities require 70% or above so chances are bit low, but u can try, write a good explaination letter to university they might consider u,

Harry22

Mar 17, 2013
Visa Office......
VFS CHD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2013
IELTS Request
7.0(L-9.0, S-6.5, R-6.5, W5.5)
Passport Req..
01-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2013
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
chiranjeev said:
Harry! but i have seen the cases of visa rejection because of back logs:) even i have the same scenario... I would be thankful to you if u could please evaluate my profile!

10th : 73 % (CBSE, India)
12th : 61% ( CBSE, India)
Beng : 70% ( ECE)
Work experience after bachelors is 3.9 years in IT. Currently working at DELL, India.
IELTS: 7 overall. R:7.5, W: 6, L: 8, S: 7.
National Science Olympiad Winner. ranked 26th in state.

Backs of 11 subjects in second year only. Faced some unfortunate incident in second year that's y these back logs and i had to drop engineering for 2 years after 2nd year. For these 2 years, I was doing job. :) and then joined engineering and completed it.

Please assist! Do I have a little chance of getting admission to any university? :)
Hi Chiran,
Your profile is good enough. you will get admission into universities.
I had around 14 backlogs and applied under spp and got visa in first attempt.
so be positive you will get it.

chiranjeev

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
sharjeel91 said:
well most of the canadian universities require 70% or above so chances are bit low, but u can try, write a good explaination letter to university they might consider u,
I know its bit difficult to get the admission with this percentage and year gaps with back logs... Most Universities are getting profile with much higher percentage than the minimum cut-off of 70%. It's not the pessimistic view but just the truth... :) But thnks a lot for your evaluation! Sharjeel :) I had applied to few Universities and waiting..... I will keep posted about my result and it will be an example :)

chiranjeev

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Harry22 said:
Hi Chiran,
Your profile is good enough. you will get admission into universities.
I had around 14 backlogs and applied under spp and got visa in first attempt.
so be positive you will get it.
Harry, Thnks a lot Bro, for giving me positive hopes :D.... I had applied to few University and waiting for their result :) Whatever be their decision, I will update you on that... :)

Darvin

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
chiranjeev said:
Darvin, for what course have u applied in NZ and Canada? And what university have u applied in NZ and Canada? :) I also need to apply. ;D
Hi,

In NZ I have applied for graduate diploma in information and communication technologies, in canada im planning to apply for PG in IT @ lambton college.

Darvin

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Harry22 said:
Hi Darvin,
Thanks
--
Harry
Hi Harry,
Thank a lot for giving me positive hopes :) in my semester wise certificates they have mentioned the year of passing for each subjects, so they may know about the backlogs... am I correct? thanks.....