+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WIFE_ Visitor Visa / Spousal PR / Dependent Visa - which way is fast and feasible ?

rutvikjoshi

Nov 4, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I am a permanent Resident of Canada and I am getting married after 3 months. My Fiancé lives in India and she is doing her own medical practice.

I have some questions if anyone can answer them it will be a huge help

1) If I am a PR of Canada, Can I file dependent Visa for my future wife OR the only way is to file her PR based on mine ?

2) Can I file Visitor Visa for her ? As I am PR what are the chances to get it ? and Can she file for her work permit if she gets the visitor visa and stay here till she gets her PR card ?

3) If I file for Visitor Visa and if she gets the approval and whenever she comes to Canada ...... Can I file her PR as my dependent and can she stay with me till she gets the PR card ? if yes, Can she work while she is on applied PR status ?

NOTE: Please Note that her Student visa got rejected for 2 times when we were in relationship and that now we have decided to get married will it impact on her visitor visa / PR process ? All these 3 trials were 1 year before.

If anybody wants to share thoughts what should be the best way to get her to Canada and get her to start working, I am open to hear.

Thank you very much everyone for reading my post. Please throw some light if you feel so! Cheers

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,

I am a permanent Resident of Canada and I am getting married after 3 months. My Fiancé lives in India and she is doing her own medical practice.

1) If I am a PR of Canada, Can I file dependent Visa for my future wife OR the only way is to file her PR based on mine ?

2) Can I file Visitor Visa for her ? As I am PR what are the chances to get it ? and Can she file for her work permit if she gets the visitor visa and stay here till she gets her PR card ?

3) If I file for Visitor Visa and if she gets the approval and whenever she comes to Canada ...... Can I file her PR as my dependent and can she stay with me till she gets the PR card ? if yes, Can she work while she is on applied PR status ?

NOTE: Please Note that her Student visa got rejected for 2 times when we were in relationship and that now we have decided to get married will it impact on her visitor visa / PR process ? All these 3 trials were 1 year before.

If anybody wants to share thoughts what should be the best way to get her to Canada and get her to start working, I am open to hear.

Thank you very much everyone for reading my post. Please throw some light if you feel so! Cheers
1) There is no dependent visa. You would sponsor her for PR through family sponsorship.
2) Yes, she can apply for a TRV. Chances of approval are probably 50/50. She will only qualify for a work permit if she is able to get a TRV approved, she comes to Canada and then you apply to sponsor her for PR through the inland route. Otherwise she will not qualify for an open work permit.
3) See above.
4) The fact she has two previous refusals may impact her ability to get a TRV approved. It will not impact the process to sponsor her for PR as long as you declare all of her refusals in the application.

Since she already has two study permit refusals, the chances of a TRV being approved are on the lower side. Assuming you are living in Canada, my recommendation would be to submit the application to sponsor her outland as soon as possible (i.e. right after you get married). She can also apply for a TRV. However TRV processing times are long now and there's a significant chance of refusal, so I would not hold off on submitting the sponsorship application. I would do that first. Note that you must wait until you have returned to Canada after the marriage before you'll be able to submit the sponsorship application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Unrelated but has she looked into how hard it will be to get licensed as a physician in Canada? Is she a GP? Canada is one of the hardest countries for IMGs to get relicensed. If she lives to Canada she has to be prepared to not practice medicine. Only a small fraction of IMGs ever practice medicine in Canada. For certain specialties it is essentially impossible because there are no residency spots leftover after Canadian medical students have been matched with a residency available for IMGs to redo their residencies. If you speak French your chances of being able to get licensed increase a bit more.