+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife 8 months pregnant and due for medicals

genius

Feb 2, 2010
Hi, my wife is 8 months pregnant and we have just received our medical forms....what should we do? And how much time do we have after receiving the papers to get the medicals done (because there is no date on the papers)?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Firstly, congrats for the forthcoming bundle of joy !

Though there r ways to get the x-ray done [aka protective shield], during pregnancy, but it should be avoided. And at 8 months, no DMP would touch the lady for that.

Your best option now, is to return the med forms, alongwith a letter to CHC, explaining the situation & asking for a reschedule. The CHC'd agree and most likely, would ask u to notify them asap after the child birth.

Whereafter, obtain a new pp for the baby and send it to CHC. Then, it shouldn't take more than a month to get the new forms & to complete all the formalities.

This is my personal opinion, I might be wrong. So, kindly wait for some more responses before taking a conclusive decision.

Regards,
Qorax.

Chris Lance

Apr 8, 2009
Hi! In my opinion, you have 90 days to do the medical upon reciept of your med forms... btw since your wife is about to deliver better do the med after delivery of your wife... Inform CHC soon after your newborn delivers to add to your application... they will send to you the necessary docs for adding newborn to your application. This is just my personal opinion...

Congrats on your new baby...

Regards

Hopeful Canadian

Star Member
Jul 11, 2008
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-04-2010 RCVD: 13-04-2010
Doc's Request.
26-10-2010
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
IELTS Request
20-07-2011 L8.5, R6.5, W7.5, S7.0
Med's Request
05-06-2015
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
genius said:
Hi, my wife is 8 months pregnant and we have just received our medical forms....what should we do? And how much time do we have after receiving the papers to get the medicals done (because there is no date on the papers)?
@genius
In my opinion you must inform the CHC of the new scenario and ask them what to do now. CHC would certainly send you needed additional forms and the required procedure to follow possibly including the rescheduling of your Medicals.

Hope this helps

Always Hopeful

Hopeful Canadian

rspunay_77

Oct 7, 2010
Hello there!

Can someone help pls. I am pregnant during medical so I did not complete the Xray. The Canadian embassy sent a sealed envelop address to the physician for further medical test and as per the physician its for my chest xray. I did my medical exam in Dubai. I will give birth in Philippines. Can I complete my medical and the the newborn baby in designated medical practitioner in Philippines? If I will do the medical in Dubai, me and my baby can do the medical at the same time as long as the baby has the passport even without the medical form as per info. While if I will do the medical in Philiippines they need the medical form of the new child from the embassy . My due date is 1st wek of Sept 2011 and our medical will expire in March 2012. Why they have different answer regarding the medical of the baby. As much as possible I dont want to travel my baby to Dubai to complete the medical. If both of us can do in Philippines without the medical form, passport of the baby only that is more convenient. Please advise.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rspunay_77 said:
Hello there!

Can someone help pls. I am pregnant during medical so I did not complete the Xray. The Canadian embassy sent a sealed envelop address to the physician for further medical test and as per the physician its for my chest xray. I did my medical exam in Dubai. I will give birth in Philippines. Can I complete my medical and the the newborn baby in designated medical practitioner in Philippines? If I will do the medical in Dubai, me and my baby can do the medical at the same time as long as the baby has the passport even without the medical form as per info. While if I will do the medical in Philiippines they need the medical form of the new child from the embassy . My due date is 1st wek of Sept 2011 and our medical will expire in March 2012. Why they have different answer regarding the medical of the baby. As much as possible I dont want to travel my baby to Dubai to complete the medical. If both of us can do in Philippines without the medical form, passport of the baby only that is more convenient. Please advise.
As per my understanding, such meds can be done anywhere w/out the original form being sent by CHC. DMPs have the jurisdiction to prepare new forms, with all info, log, sign & stamp it. And those r accepted by the CIC.

Qorax

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
WE had a baby daughter in Oct last year but due to documents processing back hoe we received my daughter's passport a month back. I sent updated apps to Buffalo yesterday. I received meds for me and my wife on 5th of May, my wife spoke with DMP back home and DMP has IMM 1017 with him and they normally have it on CD they get from CIC which contains remaining sections of med forms, therefore my wife and daughter went for med last week.