+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

why is it so long to sponsor from Nairobi? help

legend618

Oct 27, 2008
why is it so long to sponsor a spouse from Nairobi? 15 months that's long family unification. what makes it take that long compared to other countries. thank you

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
If you look at the spousal processing timelines, you'll notice that there are several embassies whose minimum processing times start in excess of six months. Not sure about the reasons behind this - maybe a huge number of applications, maybe an embassy that is only staffed part time, maybe increased processing times for background checks and such, maybe a higher percentage of interviews required. All of this is just pure speculation on my part, of course, but I suspect that for some embassies there may simply be increased scrutiny of applicants/sponsors. Not saying that's the case for Nairobi - but it could be an element.

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
If all things we equal I am sure the processing times would be the same. However it seems they are not...

For example there may be different standards of documentation and service. If they have to check and double check every piece of documentation provided from Nairobi and the Nairobi government is slow there is not much the Embassy can do about it.

If there is more care taken to check everyone more because of historical info that says they should; unfortunately the people who came before you caused that problem for you.

You're comparing apples to oranges.

banton

Oct 28, 2008
I guess different factors are at play here.. Just to add on, it might be lack of manpower to match the work load, the different govt bodies might be using manual systems rather than automated which would take longer than normal.. Just as a comparison, US Greencard applications from Kenya do take at least 18 months to process...
But I think its worth the wait since we are talking about permanent residency...