+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why EE cutoff is increasing (440s in 2017 up to 470 in 2020) ... is it going to keep in that pace!

Dr. Hani

Mar 5, 2018
I noticed that the EE cutoff score is being increased throughout the couple of past years! I'm wondering is it going to keep summing-up? what do you expect for the next years!

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
At least partly because it's harder and harder to immigrate to the US and Australia. I don't know if the score will keep increasing, but there's clearly a "cap". I mean, an outland applicant with a master's degree, 3+ years' experience, an age under 30 and nearly perfect IELTS has a score of 478, which is just a few points higher than the current cut-off score.

But I'm pretty sure the situation is only going to get worse for people without any Canadian background as the proportion of PNP immigrants is higher and higher.

Reactions: Dr. Hani

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Yes, I believe it will get tougher going ahead. Unless you are under 30, have a masters degree and a perfect IELTS score it will be very difficult to make the cut-off.

I got very lucky to make it with 463 just a few months ago. But now 470+ seems to be a safe score. The competition is getting very tough because US has made it harder for immigration. Although, Australia has a similar point based immigration, it is expensive and time consuming. Hence, more candidates prefer Canada.

Reactions: Dr. Hani