+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why don't people reply to newbies??? PS: Just need to know some information

mohit415

May 13, 2013
Hi, everyone I'm sorry for being rude but I have seen that no body replies to newbies here in this forum.
It would be very helpful for everyone If seniors or experienced people replied at least within a 15 days.

Anyways.. it's just a suggestion

My Profile:

I have completed my BCA (3 years degree) in July 2013 with 78%
12th 64%
10th 59%
Ielts 7.0 bands

and currently I'm working and very passionate about getting into a gaming industry in Canada

I would like to ask you all some questions:
1) Can I take up a 1year PGDM course in community college and after a year will I be eligible to join a university for Masters in Computer Science
2) What is the probability of getting into the university with a PGDM course?
3) If I cant get into a university with a PGDM course do I have any alternative solution?
4) And what is the probability of PGDM holders to get a job in Canada?
5) I'm looking for Jan intake and I haven't applied to any college yet and I'm not sure to go for a community college or a university?
6) Is it worth doing a PGDM or shall i wait to get into the university?

Please reply, I need to apply to college asap..and I need to clarify the above doubts

It would be very helpful If anyone could share your views

Thanks! :-\

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
hey...the problem with your questions is that they are your questions and you can only answer them...we can only verify your answers or give suggestions based on your answer in your case....but I will tell you what I guess most people would have said:

1) Can I take up a 1year PGDM course in community college and after a year will I be eligible to join a university for Masters in Computer Science depends upon where do you complete your PGDM and which university you want to enroll in..different colleges and different universities have different criteria...you will need to narrow down your geographical search so that other people can help you

2) What is the probability of getting into the university with a PGDM course? again depends on the university and the college you did your PGDM from

3) If I cant get into a university with a PGDM course do I have any alternative solution? you will need to think this through..when you say alternatives, what are your alternatives..are you going to willing to change programs...are you willing to forget about your PGDM and go straight to university..

4) And what is the probability of PGDM holders to get a job in Canada? depends on your calibre, education and networking

5) I'm looking for Jan intake and I haven't applied to any college yet and I'm not sure to go for a community college or a university? universities might be hard now to get into given the time frame but you can surely try colleges now if the seats have not already been full

6) Is it worth doing a PGDM or shall i wait to get into the university? if you can afford and you get admission, university all way

Seema_Sinha

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
mohit415 said:
Hi, everyone I'm sorry for being rude but I have seen that no body replies to newbies here in this forum.
It would be very helpful for everyone If seniors or experienced people replied at least within a 15 days.

Anyways.. it's just a suggestion

My Profile:

I have completed my BCA (3 years degree) in July 2013 with 78%
12th 64%
10th 59%
Ielts 7.0 bands

and currently I'm working and very passionate about getting into a gaming industry in Canada

I would like to ask you all some questions:
1) Can I take up a 1year PGDM course in community college and after a year will I be eligible to join a university for Masters in Computer Science
3) If I cant get into a university with a PGDM course do I have any alternative solution?
5) I'm looking for Jan intake and I haven't applied to any college yet and I'm not sure to go for a community college or a university?

Please reply, I need to apply to college asap..and I need to clarify the above doubts

It would be very helpful If anyone could share your views

Thanks! :-\

Since you dont have 16 years of education, at the moment ,you can not apply for Masters at University..Why do you want to pursue PGDM first from canada and then MSC in CS?..I would suggest you to finish Post graduate diploma in Computer Science from recognized University in india and then apply for MSc in CS at good university in canada..in this case you have bright chances to get visa if you go for Masters degree instead of Diploma...Hope it helps

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
this is a free forum and people answering questions do so on their personal time and goodness of heart. Demanding an answer is not a polite way to ask for help. if u do not ask right questions u wont get replies . questions like 'probability' cant be answered as no one is keeping statistics. getting an answer on this forum is not a right if u dont get an answer u should be patient and ask ur question in a different way. also there is google where u can find a lot of information. mostly everyone here is trying to make it in canada and r passionate about its not just u . rather than asking why people dont reply to u look at urself have u ever helped people on this forum or any other forum that u have knowledge of.

u have to research this on ur own and find colleges with the program u want ..no one can do search for u. u can look at university application requirements and see if u have all the required credentials to apply.

depends on program, grades , college and other factors no one can tell u probabilities.
alternative is to find a job i guess
again no one can give u probabilities jobs depend on lot of factors like soft skills , presentation skills , contacts, grades , course selection , experience in ur field etc
u do not have 16 years of education to go for masters (i am guessing here that ur asking about a choice between masters or PGDM by this question).
to go for a university u need 10+2+4 education in most universities. so u have to do 1 more year of education be it in ur country or canada that u have to choose.