+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

why does my withdrawal request take so long?

mrnotsoniceguy

Star Member
Apr 4, 2023
I've requested to withdraw my Express Entry application for permanent residence on July 12th however heard nothing from the IRCC since. Does it mean they do not want to allow me to withdraw it, or that they suspect me of misrepresentation and want to make sure I get a 5 year ban (life long ban essentially) ?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I've requested to withdraw my Express Entry application for permanent residence on July 12th however heard nothing from the IRCC since. Does it mean they do not want to allow me to withdraw it, or that they suspect me of misrepresentation and want to make sure I get a 5 year ban (life long ban essentially) ?
Did you submitted written letter with signature and sent it through webform ? If yes it can take few weeks to withdraw however if there is case of misrepresentation it will be hard to withdraw then .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It depends on the situation.

If you received a PFL, then it is generally too late to withdraw and IRCC will make a decision in your application based on your response.

If you received an ADR and did not respond to that, I suppose it's possible IRCC will assess your application to determine if they will let you withdraw. I'm not entirely sure about that.

If neither of the above apply, then you should be able to withdraw your application. Generally it can take a few months for IRCC to confirm the withdrawal to the best of my knowledge.

mrnotsoniceguy

Star Member
Apr 4, 2023
There was an adr but I answered it with a letter where I said I want to withdraw rather than the requested document. I also supplied a proper withdraw letter separately....a few months ? That long ?? Why ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There was an adr but I answered it with a letter where I said I want to withdraw rather than the requested document. I also supplied a proper withdraw letter separately....a few months ? That long ?? Why ?
I don't know. I don't work for IRCC. Just commenting based on the timelines I've seen on this forum for withdrawals. I suppose they probably have internal processes they are required to follow to complete a withdrawal formally.