+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why did my CRS score Drop when i applied for Express entry again?

rbhargavak

Jun 13, 2021
Hi
I had submitted my application for CEC on October 2021, but since my IELTS results expired in July, my application was cancelled.
My previous score - Reading - 7.5, Writing - 6.5, Listening - 8.5 and Speaking - 7.5
Since I have more than 1 year of experience, a valid job offer and a masters degree from Canadian university, my CRS score just before my application was canceled was 518 points.

I have given IELTS again and the scores are
Reading - 8, Writing - 6.5, Listening- 7.5 and Speaking - 8.

Now when I submitted the application my CRS score reduced to 478.
Why did that happen ??
Can anyone explain ??
Thanks

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi
I had submitted my application for CEC on October 2021, but since my IELTS results expired in July, my application was cancelled.
My previous score - Reading - 7.5, Writing - 6.5, Listening - 8.5 and Speaking - 7.5
Since I have more than 1 year of experience, a valid job offer and a masters degree from Canadian university, my CRS score just before my application was canceled was 518 points.

I have given IELTS again and the scores are
Reading - 8, Writing - 6.5, Listening- 7.5 and Speaking - 8.

Now when I submitted the application my CRS score reduced to 478.
Why did that happen ??
Can anyone explain ??
Thanks
most likely because your listening score dropped below 8 (assuming ALL other things remaining SAME), your CRS should drop. However 40 points reduction you need to check for other details as well

Try tool https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp with listening score as 8.5 (Earlier) and 7.5 (Latest)

Last edited:

rbhargavak

Jun 13, 2021
Thanks for the quick response.
That's a huge reduction for just that change ?
I will check the other details as well.

rbhargavak

Jun 13, 2021
@CNP I checked my scores again after updating my profile. It seems I didn't get points for having a valid Job offer. I have close to 2 years of canadian work experience on my Post Graduate Work Permit. I am very sure in my previous application I had acquired the points for it. But now when i am reading through websites it says that I need a LMIA from my work place in order to receive those points.
Has there been a change recently, because I remember very clearly getting points for having a valid Job offer.
Please help it's urgent
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@CNP I checked my scores again after updating my profile. It seems I didn't get points for having a valid Job offer. I have close to 2 years of canadian work experience on my Post Graduate Work Permit. I am very sure in my previous application I had acquired the points for it. But now when i am reading through websites it says that I need a LMIA from my work place in order to receive those points.
Has there been a change recently, because I remember very clearly getting points for having a valid Job offer.
Please help it's urgent
Thank you
There has been no change to this rule. It's been the same for many years. To claim the job offer points, you need an approved LMIA since you are on a PGWP.

rbhargavak

Jun 13, 2021
Hi @CNP
But am I not exempt from LMIA if I have worked with the employer for more than a year on the same work permit ?
Also how do I get an LMIA now ? If I already worked for the company for more than a year ?
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi @CNP
But am I not exempt from LMIA if I have worked with the employer for more than a year on the same work permit ?
Also how do I get an LMIA now ? If I already worked for the company for more than a year ?
Thanks
You are LMIA exempt for the purposes of working under the PGWP but this does not mean that you qualify for the 50 job offer points. Again, you need the approved LMIA to claim the 50 points since you are on an open work with no employer named. To get the LMIA your employer would follow the regular process which starts by advertising the job for at least a month to prove no Canadian could be hired for the role. They would then submit the LMIA application which takes a few months to process.