+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why are there so few people in the spreadsheet?

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
It seems to me that the percentage of total number of applicants in EE spreadsheet is significantly lower than before. Today, 9 months later, FSWP 2014 spreadsheet has around 5500 entries and is estimated to contain 20-25% of all the people who applied last year under that program. On the other hand, there's just 620+ entries in the EE spreadsheet. The numbers we currently have are admittedly small, but nevertheless, let's attempt to estimate the percentage of total applicants in EE spreadsheet. There are just 23 applicants with a score >= 886. Moreover, as far as I know, people with existing PNP nominations didn't receive their bonuses for the January draw, so they should be excluded from the calculations, which leaves us with 23-3=20 applicants. From the first draw we know that 779 people had 886+ score, so simply dividing 20 by 779, we get 2.26% coefficient, which represents how many of the total number of applicants are there in the spreadsheet. Now, this is around 10 times less than the coefficient for FSWP 2014 spreadsheet. By the way, this coefficient implies that there are around 25k applicants in the pool, which seems reasonable. Does anybody have any ideas why this year's spreadsheet seems to be less popular than before? Or maybe you see obvious flaws in my calculations? Is there anything we can do to promote the spreadsheet?

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Because you are looking at wrong period for the growth rate. FSWP sheet at the beginning would not have taken off so quickly. It is just starting of the sheet. If you want meaningful comparison, look at the entries for both sheets at the same age. EE sheet is new; FSWP is at year end. Besides, not everyone wants to input their numbers.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
EEKnowledge said:
Because you are looking at wrong period for the growth rate. FSWP sheet at the beginning would not have taken off so quickly. It is just starting of the sheet. If you want meaningful comparison, look at the entries for both sheets at the same age. EE sheet is new; FSWP is at year end. Besides, not everyone wants to input their numbers.
That's a fair point, I intend to look into it later. I actually think that more people added themselves to FSWP 2014 in the early months than the later ones, but I'll have to see if this theory holds or not. As for not everybody wanting to enlist themselves, I don't think it explains anything, because the same argument could be applied to FSWP 2014 (actually, people posted even more info about themselves in that spreadsheet).

srbhrn

Aug 14, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2015
IELTS Request
Entered in EE Profile
While the number of new entries are picking up, I do believe the popularity is currently low for this SS for following reasons..
1. This SS is only 2 months old and EE itself is only 1 month old
2. EE & FSW are completely different process with different trackability .. We would be able to track EE SS in a better way since number of ITAs will be published after every draw. For FSW we never had an exact idea of how many profiles were processed in a defined time period
3. Current 779 is a skewed representation of count and does not represent the generic-ness of all kinds of profiles combined..

We do need to inform everyone to be a part of SS.. with every draw we would be able to make out a better understanding about our position in the system..

Currenly SS can be used to get following information:
1. %age of people with 600 additional points
2. Your standing with a certain score that you have for example 510/600 is top of pile and someone with less than 300 is at the bottom of pile ..
3. Preference about certain other characteristics such as NOC, LMIA, PNP, etc

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Srbhrn,
I think you should ignore the points of the people who have got their ITA from SS calculations.
Because they are not in the pool now.

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ITA is not our goal, PR is. The reason to keep them here is for us to know hat happens afte an ITA is received.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
the_lion said:
ITA is not our goal, PR is. The reason to keep them here is for us to know hat happens afte an ITA is received.
Yes, I think he just meant ignoring those points when calculating applicants' standing in the pool.

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the_lion said:
I meant just ignore them in SS calculations,not to delete their rows.

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015
i think profile number can give some indication about the number of applications in the pool . if we share the number of the EE profile ( i recommend to mask the last 3 numbers for confidentiality ) we can know the number , also if we time stamp the number we would be able to analysis the growth rate of the pool

i will start first if you like the idea , Profile number E000244XXX , dated January 23 - 2015

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wskamel said:
i think profile number can give some indication about the number of applications in the pool . if we share the number of the EE profile ( i recommend to mask the last 3 numbers for confidentiality ) we can know the number , also if we time stamp the number we would be able to analysis the growth rate of the pool

i will start first if you like the idea , Profile number E000244XXX , dated January 23 - 2015
But we don't have the first number! E000244XXX? or E000200XXX?
which one is the first you think?

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
MedZed said:
But we don't have the first number! E000244XXX? or E000200XXX?
which one is the first you think?
I know that some of the entries created on January 1 have numbers beginning with E000217XXX and E000218XXX. Maybe the system had some test applicants, and they didn't reset the numbering. :) 18k in the first hours of January 1 seems a bit too much.

Also, on a different forum, somebody who applied on January 28 received E00025XXXX number.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
fl_pie said:
That's a fair point, I intend to look into it later. I actually think that more people added themselves to FSWP 2014 in the early months than the later ones, but I'll have to see if this theory holds or not. As for not everybody wanting to enlist themselves, I don't think it explains anything, because the same argument could be applied to FSWP 2014 (actually, people posted even more info about themselves in that spreadsheet).
Sure, I was wrong. There were only 600+ applicants in FSWP 2014 spreadsheet on June 1 (1 or 2 months after its creation), and applicants added themselves to the spreadsheet with a rather even rate.

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'v created EE profile. But not submitted it. I'm waiting for my ECA report from CES. I haven't added myself to the spreadsheet.

My immigration application is hanging in the balance right now.