+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHP Canada Extension

Jcaine

Apr 8, 2009
Hi There

I'm a kiwi in Canada on a WHP working holiday visa valid for 12 months, which is up in July. I want to extend my stay for a further 12 months.
I've found a site that issues returning visa's for New Zealand citizens see www.iep.co.nz/Work_Canada_Returner_419.aspx
I've looked at the CIC .gc.ca site to find out If I can applied directly myself, since they are asking a lot for it.
I seem to be going round in circles, What visa do I need to apply for here. Work Permit? Or Temporary Residents?

Little help

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Jcaine said:
Hi There

I'm a kiwi in Canada on a WHP working holiday visa valid for 12 months, which is up in July. I want to extend my stay for a further 12 months.
I've found a site that issues returning visa's for New Zealand citizens see www.iep.co.nz/Work_Canada_Returner_419.aspx
I've looked at the CIC .gc.ca site to find out If I can applied directly myself, since they are asking a lot for it.
I seem to be going round in circles, What visa do I need to apply for here. Work Permit? Or Temporary Residents?

Little help
1. The NZWHP is not extenable as you have learned. It appears that you have to go through them and pay their fees.

PMM

CLinds

Jul 21, 2014
Hi there,

I am wondering how you got on with this? I am in a similar situation and want to extend my working holiday visa (IEC).

Were you able to extend yours??

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can't extend IECs. Depending on what country you are from, you may be able to apply for a second one. But extending isn't an option.

CLinds

Jul 21, 2014
I am a Kiwi too.. so you were not able to extend your visa. What did you do? My partner is Canadian, I met him in NZ and moved to Canada to be with him and in December we will have been living here together for 12months. I believe then we can go down the Common Law path and he can apply to sponsor me, but I would still need to apply for Permanent Residence I think?