+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Whose name on ppr PA OR dependent

Kaka2519

Nov 18, 2021
Hi guys,
Could you please help me I have question about PPR. I live in Canada and my spouse is in India. I am the primary applicant. So I added her file into my file after our marriage as my file was already in process. I got my PR card and i got an email regarding her PPR i think. But there was my name on it. Nothing about my wife at all. What should i do? she wasn’t able to make an appointment with vfs because when she enter her name and DOB the for appointment it says application number invalid. And if we put my name and DOB then it worked. So we had appointment with vfs with my name on the appointment letter. However, vfs didn’t take her passport they said we need appointment letter with your name(my wife’s name). Please help me guys. Very confused. I raised webform and called ircc everyone is saying different things.
whose name would be on PPR?
if its primary applicant’s name then how i can make appointment with her name?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys,
Could you please help me I have question about PPR. I live in Canada and my spouse is in India. I am the primary applicant. So I added her file into my file after our marriage as my file was already in process. I got my PR card and i got an email regarding her PPR i think. But there was my name on it. Nothing about my wife at all. What should i do? she wasn’t able to make an appointment with vfs because when she enter her name and DOB the for appointment it says application number invalid. And if we put my name and DOB then it worked. So we had appointment with vfs with my name on the appointment letter. However, vfs didn’t take her passport they said we need appointment letter with your name(my wife’s name). Please help me guys. Very confused. I raised webform and called ircc everyone is saying different things.
whose name would be on PPR?
if its primary applicant’s name then how i can make appointment with her name?
So you have your PR card. So when did you get married, and then you added her during the PR process/before activating COPR or after you got PR? Assume she completed the medicals.

Kaka2519

Nov 18, 2021
So you have your PR card. So when did you get married, and then you added her during the PR process/before activating COPR or after you got PR? Assume she completed the medicals.
I applied for my PR in 2020 and i got married in January 2023 while my file was in processing. I got my ecopr in October 2023 and PR card in November 2023. She already has done her medical, pcc, biometrics and everything.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied for my PR in 2020 and i got married in January 2023 while my file was in processing. I got my ecopr in October 2023 and PR card in November 2023. She already has done her medical, pcc, biometrics and everything.
Just making sure that you had added her to your application before your COPR, and activated your PR. What did IRCC say when you called. It should be in her name. In past posts, you say you had a lawyer so ask lawyer to what to do.

Kaka2519

Nov 18, 2021
Yes i added her before copr and activated my PR. Ircc is saying that it should be on my name because i am the primary applicant. Even ircc agent wasn’t sure that why vfs didn’t take her passport. My immigration representative and i raised webform. Still waiting for their reply

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I am not sure how it works today, however there was never a separate PPR for dependent applicant (if it is same application). The PRR is always issued per application and with primary applicant's name on it. Since you added your spouse to same application, it should work and VFS should accept it. You can however call IRCC and check if they can provide a PPR with dependent's name.

Kaka2519

Nov 18, 2021
I called ircc and they are saying raise webform. I raised couple of web forms. Still waiting for new PPR.

Kaka2519

Nov 18, 2021
I already made an appointment last week now i think i won’t be able to make an another one. However i will try again.