+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHO SHOULD FILL -- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] QUESTION

erihasting

Jul 27, 2013
Does the sponsor need to fill the form Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] QUESTION ?

Again, I know it's been asked many times. But I still think only the sponsored person should fill it. not the sponsor. Because it seems in the guid somewhere mentions that the applicant's spouse or common law partner refer to his/her children's father or mother not living together but not the sponsor. His/her spouse or common law partner could be their children's father or mother and by law they are not divorced yet. This is really tricky, may it's for someone in some countries can have more wives or husbands.

Also, in the guid 3999 it indicates:

Who needs to fill out this application form?

This form must be completed by:

You, as the principal applicant,
Your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
Your dependent children aged 18 or over (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).

It really doesn't mention the Sponsor. If it does mean the sponsor, why not metion it in anywhere in Sponsor's required document?
It's also a key matter that the visa issued to the applicant that requires the sponsor must be in Canada already OR intending together to move to Canada.

All that makes me feel this form is only for the Applicant's side buddies to fill out.

I'm wondering is there anyone whos case has been refused or returned due to the reason of not filling an extra copy of this sheet by the sponsor?

notsopatient

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/10/2013
AOR Received.
31/10/2013
File Transfer...
3-12-2013
Med's Request
24/05/2015 Redone
LANDED..........
29-06-2015
our application came back for not filling in a form for the over 18 independent child that was not going to be accompanying my husband. They didn't say anything about me as the sponsor not filling one in.

erihasting

Jul 27, 2013
notsopatient said:
our application came back for not filling in a form for the over 18 independent child that was not going to be accompanying my husband. They didn't say anything about me as the sponsor not filling one in.
is the child yours or your husband's?

notsopatient

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/10/2013
AOR Received.
31/10/2013
File Transfer...
3-12-2013
Med's Request
24/05/2015 Redone
LANDED..........
29-06-2015
It was my husband's son. We thought it was odd as he is over 18, self sufficient, working and living on his own and has no intentions of coming to Canada. Our entire package was returned to us saying that even though he wasn't coming it had to be filled out before the application could be processed. It ended up holding up our paperwork over a month while we had to send the form for him to fill in sign and return.