+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which work experience (not) to include in EE profile (FSW)

Tammy1

Feb 14, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have just received my IELTS results and I believe I will probably get an ITA once there is a new draw for FSW applicants. However, I think it might be best to make some adjustments to my profile before receiving the ITA.

I have over 10 years of work experience which I listed in my profile, of which the 5 most recent years are within the same NOC code (two employers). I'm thinking about removing the previous experience for the following reasons:
  • I'm not sure I'll be able to get a reference letter from my first employer, where I worked almost 10 years ago
  • For one of my previous jobs, the NOC code I entered doesn't really match that well but I can't find a better one
Would you advise me to delete my previous experience and only keep the recent 5 years? Are there any downsides to not mentioning all of your work experience (f.e. could this also be interpreted as 'not giving accurate information'?)

Thank you!!

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi everyone,

I have just received my IELTS results and I believe I will probably get an ITA once there is a new draw for FSW applicants. However, I think it might be best to make some adjustments to my profile before receiving the ITA.

I have over 10 years of work experience which I listed in my profile, of which the 5 most recent years are within the same NOC code (two employers). I'm thinking about removing the previous experience for the following reasons:
  • I'm not sure I'll be able to get a reference letter from my first employer, where I worked almost 10 years ago
  • For one of my previous jobs, the NOC code I entered doesn't really match that well but I can't find a better one
Would you advise me to delete my previous experience and only keep the recent 5 years? Are there any downsides to not mentioning all of your work experience (f.e. could this also be interpreted as 'not giving accurate information'?)

Thank you!!
Only mention the work experience you’d want to claim points for in work history, the rest should go to personal history (AFTER ITA). For FSW you have to meet:
1) Eligibility (first) - where you need at least 67 points across 6 selection factors. Max points for work - 6 years. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html
2) then CRS (high enough to get invited) - max points for foreign work - 3 years. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

Anything beyond 6 and 3 years won’t fetch you any points and will not add any value. So you can delete those.

NOC should follow job responsibilities not title.