+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which VISA should i apply 'Super VISA' or 'Visitor VISA'?

JonyDhawan

Jun 5, 2016
Hi,

I applied for VISA under category 'VISITOR' visa, as my daughter was there and I wanted to go on her convocation, but it got refused. Now my second daughter is Permanent Resident since one year. Now I am confused to apply for 'VISITOR' visa again or for 'Super' visa?
Please help me.

Regards,
Jony

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
The Super Visa has additional requirements - the sponsor has to meet a minimum income threshold and the applicant has to have a valid 1 year Canadian medical insurance. Usually a medical is also required and also takes longer to process.

The Super Visa is a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years. The key difference with the Visitor visa is that the Super Visa allows an individual to stay for up to two years on initial entry into Canada, while a 10-year multiple entry visa would only have a status period for each entry of six months only.

Here is more info: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa-who.asp

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
JonyDhawan said:
Hi,

I applied for VISA under category 'VISITOR' visa, as my daughter was there and I wanted to go on her convocation, but it got refused. Now my second daughter is Permanent Resident since one year. Now I am confused to apply for 'VISITOR' visa again or for 'Super' visa?
Please help me.

Regards,
Jony
but in this post you said you were banned for 5 years so no point in applying for anything until the 5 years is up http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ban-for-5-years-401a-clause-t428835.0.html you just cannot come to Canada at all legally.

JonyDhawan

Jun 5, 2016
Bs65 said:
but in this post you said you were banned for 5 years so no point in applying for anything until the 5 years is up '../ban-for-5-years-401a-clause-t428835.0.html' you just cannot come to Canada at all legally.
This ban is on me, I was asking this information for my in laws. I know there is grammatical mistake.. :p