+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which University should I choose?

rajat_RB

Aug 26, 2014
Hi guys,

I have been selected in the following 3 courses for Sept 2016 Intake.
1. McGill University - Masters of Information Studies Non-Thesis Option. (Fees ~11 lakhs. No Co-op option.)
2. University of Toronto - Masters of Information. (Fees ~32 lakhs. 8 month Co-op).
3. Simon Fraser University - Professional Master's Program in Big Data. (Fees ~21 lakhs. 8 month Co-op.)

Note: the 8-month co-op option will result in an earning of ~12 lakhs.

I am confused as to which University should I shortlist? I know all 3 of them are great Universities and I feel that the program content of Big Data is more on the technical side. The first 2 options, however have a brand name associated with them.

I am from a lower middle-class background. I don't want to be in so much debt and then realize that I made a mistake in shortlisting a course. I have to shortlist a course within the next few days so it is a bit urgent. All suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

maxsteel

Jan 19, 2016
I would go for Simon Fraser University. Like you said, all the universities you mentioned are great. Considering the fact that you are coming from a lower middle-class background and don't want to be in so much debt, Simon Fraser University seems to be the best bet. The difference between the tuition fees and what you are going earn during the Co-op is 9 lakhs which is the most reasonable out of all your options. I hope this helps.
All the best.

rajat_RB said:
Hi guys,

1. McGill University - Masters of Information Studies Non-Thesis Option. (Fees ~11 lakhs. No Co-op option.)
2. University of Toronto - Masters of Information. (Fees ~32 lakhs. 8 month Co-op).
3. Simon Fraser University - Professional Master's Program in Big Data. (Fees ~21 lakhs. 8 month Co-op.)

I am confused as to which University should I shortlist? I know all 3 of them are great Universities and I feel that the program content of Big Data is more on the technical side. The first 2 options, however have a brand name associated with them.

I am from a lower middle-class background. I don't want to be in so much debt and then realize that I made a mistake in shortlisting a course. I have to shortlist a course within the next few days so it is a bit urgent. All suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

akash72

Jan 20, 2017
rajat_RB said:
Hi guys,

hi
i just wanted to know ... what was your profile with which you applied to simon fraser university... i have applied to the same course and i have 8 in IELTS and 3.7/4 as my CGPA .... i dont have a proper work experience but i do have few internships and few research papers... what are my chances of getting into simon fraser university or mcgill university