+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which is ideal, FSW or CEC? as of now

sarveshkalyan

Nov 11, 2020
I am in Canada and my score is 483 as of now, and I can expect ITA under FSW around February/March. But, If I wait till May 30th, 2023, I'll be eligible for ITA under CEC with 1yr experience which should ideally be processed faster and less complicated

My 1 year Post grad work permit ends on Aug 30th, 2023, so If I wait for the CEC draw, I'll be hoping to get picked in the express entry draws between May 30th and Aug 30th (best case 6 potential draws).

Can someone please provide me with your perspective on my situation? Should I play it safe by going ahead with the FSW draw or wait till May 30th for the CEC draw for Faster PR processing? I am anyways planning to apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit after I have submitted my PR application to stay past Aug 30th, Please let me know what you think

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am in Canada and my score is 483 as of now, and I can expect ITA under FSW around February/March. But, If I wait till May 30th, 2023, I'll be eligible for ITA under CEC with 1yr experience which should ideally be processed faster and less complicated

My 1 year Post grad work permit ends on Aug 30th, 2023, so If I wait for the CEC draw, I'll be hoping to get picked in the express entry draws between May 30th and Aug 30th (best case 6 potential draws).

Can someone please provide me with your perspective on my situation? Should I play it safe by going ahead with the FSW draw or wait till May 30th for the CEC draw for Faster PR processing? I am anyways planning to apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit after I have submitted my PR application to stay past Aug 30th, Please let me know what you think
Take the first ITA you get and submit your application under that ITA.

sarveshkalyan

Nov 11, 2020
Take the first ITA you get and submit your application under that ITA.
Thanks for your reply

I am concerned about FSW because it is challenging to get my proof of work experience letter from my previous foreign employer with all the mandatory details as required by IRCC. I have got my proof of work experience letter on company letterhead, but since they follow a standard template, I do not have,
- Number of hours worked in a week and
- My previous designations mentioned, Is this a cause for concern? I have secured the proof of funds and other documents should be acceptable, except for this letter
Plus, since CEC processing times are typically faster than FSW and straightforward, I was inclining toward that.

But later If my FSW application gets rejected while being processed, can I reapply in the next CEC draw(as I will be eligible by then) while staying in Canada? Please let me know your thoughts on this when possible, I might be thinking too much, Thanks

• Haha
Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo