+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which framework should i apply for? please help...

mirrorcrax

Jun 20, 2009
I have read a lot in the CIC website regarding the skilled worker requirements and the approved professions, and found the closest to what i do is "Vocational Instructor", i hold a B.Sc in Engineering and 7 years of experience in Quality Assurance Training and Consultancy, as well as Safety Training.

1. Do you think my work history and qualification fall under "Vocational Instructor" ?

I also want to pursue M.Sc. studies in Canada, but want my period of study to be accounted for when applying for residency, but i read a lot of statements regarding the student visa, were the visa will not be provided unless they're sure i shall leave the country after finishing my studies, so i don't know really what the best framework is to apply for, i want to work and study and have my studying time calculated so that i would speed up the residency and citizenship process,
2. how can i go about doing that?

3. What if my spouse who also holds a B.Sc in engineering wishes to pursue studies and later work in canda and have her study duration calculated towards citizenship, how should she apply?

we've been considering immigration for a long time, and an idea comes to mind to visit first to gt a feel for the place and check the availability of jobs in my field, so i thought maybe i should check for 1 week training courses related to ISO Consultants or Vocational Instructors, something which might help me in the application process,
4. are you aware of any courses which may help with this matter?

5. I noticed there's another job category "ISO Consultant" which is different from "Vocational Instructor" wold it be ok to apply under one title and then change it later when i arrive? orare there penalties or regulations governing that?

Your help would be really appreciated.

Akram

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are planning to apply under the skilled worker program under category 1, you need to have at least 1 year experience in some occupation on the list of 38. Or if your wife does, then she can be the primary applicant. If neither of you has that, you have the option of trying with a job offer under category 2. If you can't get a job offer, you could go to Canada on a student visa, stay for one year and then apply under category 3, that is people who have been in Canada as students or workers for a year. To get a student visa, you will have to prove that you can support yourself and you will leave when your studies are done.

If you manage to qualify for a category that will let you apply for PR directly, as soon as you land in Canada, your time counts towards applying for citizenship. To apply, you need to have spend 3 out of the previous 4 years in Canada so if you never leave Canada for 3 years after you land, you can apply. If you come in on a student visa, your time before you become PR counts at a 50% discount so if you studied for a year, then apply for PR which takes maybe a year to process, then stay in Canada for another 2 years as a PR, to apply for citizenship, the previous 4 years, you would have had two years in Canada as a PR and 2 years as a student which counts as one so you would be able to apply for citizenship.