+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to start?

zamb

Dec 10, 2010
I have been reading threads on this forum for several days now. There is so much of information on this forum, that I am thoroughly confused by it all.

I have been working in the embedded field for the past ten years. I have found some attractive openings in Canada which match my profile. My question is where to begin. I feel this is a chicken and egg problem. Employers will not really pay attention if I don't have a work permit. My chances of work permit are not good if I don't have an offer at hand. I am having a terrible time deciding whether I start applying for a temporary work permit or start applying for jobs.

I have been hearing a lot about y-axis consultants. They promise a lot of things, am not sure how much of it they deliver. Anybody has any inputs about them?

Any help much appreciated!

tabacheng24

Dec 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just wanted to ask you some questions: first, I did apply my PR last October 1 2010 under FSW,mailed my complete forms and documents to CIO sydney Nova Scotia and paid fee by credit card, I have checked my online banking and found out that the CIO sydney Nova Scotia took $550 for my fee in applying PR/FSW in my credit card last October 28 2010.
As for now, I am waiting of any letter by chances coming from CIO or Buffalo for what will be next move I have to make.

Question 1: Once the CIO took any form of payment from an applicant under FSW,is that guaranteed that your papers are in process for PR here in canada? and guaranteed for a PR staus?
Q2 : What do you think Is the next move I have to Do?
Q3 : How many days or months do I have to wait?

Since my work permit will expire this coming January 2011, I did apply to change my condition and extend my stay as a worker last DEC.5,2010

Q4 : Is applying for both status will ruin any application?

Q5 : nor neither one of them will be refused?

thanks much hope you reply me..

zamb

Dec 10, 2010
[quote author=bennyameh]
Hi
cic
Benny
[/quote]

Thanks for the link, Benny. I have been a regular visitor of that site in the last few days. I took their online test to calculate the points for eligibility and I scored 71. That gives me some hope. My next move, naturally, is to apply as FSW. I was expressing about the uncertainty of job vs. visa in my previous post, that is why I called it a chicken and egg problem.

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Zamb.
You can Google your profession and see job availability.The bottom line is that you have to give yourself some times to get Canada certification and experience and the rest will be history.
Give it a try,life itself is a risk.
Benny