+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to send open work permit application?

Sang Min Kim

Apr 15, 2018
Hello everyone,

We're going to submit our application tomorrow and very exited about it :D !

I'd like to double check a few things before sending the application.

1. My wife is living with me here in Canada as a visitor and we're going to apply for a open work permit. That means we're applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. Right?

2. Then the checklist says "If this pplies to you, your sponsor will send the application package by mail to the following address: CPC - Mississauga, P.O. Box 5040, Station B, Mississauga, Ontario, L5A 3A4. Is this where I'm supposed to send both immigration application & open work permit application together in one mail? If not, where do I send the work permit application to?

Thanks and wish good luck to you all !

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

We're going to submit our application tomorrow and very exited about it :D !

I'd like to double check a few things before sending the application.

1. My wife is living with me here in Canada as a visitor and we're going to apply for a open work permit. That means we're applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. Right?

2. Then the checklist says "If this pplies to you, your sponsor will send the application package by mail to the following address: CPC - Mississauga, P.O. Box 5040, Station B, Mississauga, Ontario, L5A 3A4. Is this where I'm supposed to send both immigration application & open work permit application together in one mail? If not, where do I send the work permit application to?

Thanks and wish good luck to you all !
1.) YES......you are applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class......if you plan to submit OWP.

2.) YES......send both sponsorship application and open work permit application together in one mail......one application package to the address.....advice you send the application package in registered mail so you have a tracking to number to know when its delivered.

I am currently living in Canada with my sponsor, and I am applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
Note: If this applies to you, your sponsor will send the application package by mail to the following address: CPC - Mississauga, P.O. Box 5040, Station B, Mississauga, Ontario, L5A 3A4
I am also including an Open Work Permit application.

Last edited:

Sang Min Kim

Apr 15, 2018
1.) YES......you are applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class......if you plan to submit OWP.

2.) YES......send both sponsorship application and open work permit application together in one mail......one application package to the address.....advice you send the application package in registered mail so you have a tracking to number to know when its delivered.

I am currently living in Canada with my sponsor, and I am applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
Note: If this applies to you, your sponsor will send the application package by mail to the following address: CPC - Mississauga, P.O. Box 5040, Station B, Mississauga, Ontario, L5A 3A4
I am also including an Open Work Permit application.
Thanks a lot!