+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to send application and what fee for Catergory-1? confused!

ss

Mar 29, 2009
Hi All
I am a Doctor applying for Canada Immigration under Catergory-1 Federal Skilled Worker class from Karachi, Pakistan.

I am not using any agent/representative. I have read the application guide and have completed the application forms, but need some clarification on the following two items, because I have been confused by some people;

1- Where should I send the application under Category -1? central intake office in Canada isnt it? some people seem to think it should be sent to Islamabad Visa Office.

2- I am applying with my spouse and 5 year old daughter. How much fee would need to be sent with the application, $550 or $1250? some people have been telling me $550.

I would very much appreciate your advice on the above points.
Many Thanks
ss

colsy

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
Hello SS,

You will send your application in this case to Nova Scotia, as I you come under the 38 NOC. I have done the same. The addresses are on the Canada website. Do not send to your home visa office.

The cost will be $1250(Canadian). (CAD) 550 each for you and your wife and (CAD) 150 for your daughter. I sent mine by Bank Draft.

Bear in mind no photos is necessary at this point, only the application forms and a copy of the bio page of your passport(principal applicant) Of course, enclose the payment as this is what the guys at Nova Scotia will be looking for first :)

I would as a word of advice read the application instructions carefully. Also ensure your wife has also completed two of the forms too. Background and Additional family forms.

I hope this helps.

Best of luck!

C

ADA

Mar 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
07 Apr 2009 - Sent on 29 Jun 2009
I sent the applications as recently as 2 weeks back.

You need to send
1. All application forms (for you and your wife).
2. Passport copy
2. Draft (in your case $1250 canadian dollars). You can get an international bank draft.

Dont send photos or any other docs (if you have written IELTS dont include result document). Also if you have not written ILELTS send a writeup statting why you think your english is good.