+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to get married in Cuba?

bpzasjb

Oct 28, 2014
Hi there!
I am just wondering if a Cuban national and foreigner (Canadian) are allowed to be married on a resort, or must you have to go to the international law firm?

Thanks in advance!!

justagirrl

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Doc's Request.
26-08-2014
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
07-08-2014
Med's Request
up front
Med's Done....
06-06-2014
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
You can get married on a resort but it's considered a spiritual marriage unless you pay to have the officiant come to the resort. We went to the office in Varadero and they did the legalities there and then had our ceremony at a resort.

Keep in mind, you have to have the proper documents to get married to a Cuban national.

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
next week :)
bpzasjb said:
Hi there!
I am just wondering if a Cuban national and foreigner (Canadian) are allowed to be married on a resort, or must you have to go to the international law firm?

Thanks in advance!!
where are you planning exactly to get married? im cuban and just got married there with my canadian wife

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
bpzasjb said:
He would like to get married in Cayo Coco at one of those resorts. And congratulations!! :)
thank you,,,i got married at Tryp Cayo Coco..I think its the best hotel in Cayo Coco,,,I lived in Ciego de Avila(now in USA and ready to send my application for my residence in Canada)...

bpzasjb

Oct 28, 2014
justagirrl said:
You can get married on a resort but it's considered a spiritual marriage unless you pay to have the officiant come to the resort. We went to the office in Varadero and they did the legalities there and then had our ceremony at a resort.

Keep in mind, you have to have the proper documents to get married to a Cuban national.
Ok thank you. Do you happen to know where about I could speak to someone about getting an officiant to come to the resort?

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
bpzasjb said:
Ok thank you. Do you happen to know where about I could speak to someone about getting an officiant to come to the resort?
if you get married in Cayo Coco there are only two Notaries that can go to the resort for the wedding,,one is in Ciego de Avila in Consultoria Juridica and the other is in Moron(the city).

Do you have your documents ready? Where does he live?

bpzasjb

Oct 28, 2014
lokyy said:
if you get married in Cayo Coco there are only two Notaries that can go to the resort for the wedding,,one is in Ciego de Avila in Consultoria Juridica and the other is in Moron(the city).

Do you have your documents ready? Where does he live?
He is in Moron. I do not have all the documents ready yet, we are planning for February. Going this way, can I just bring them with me when I go, or do I have to send them beforehand?(I have read this somewhere else) And do you happen to know if all resorts allow us to be married there?

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Hi

You should check with the Cuban consulate in Canada for marriage requirements

http://www.cubadiplomatica.cu/canada/EN/Home.aspx

And then with the wedding planner at the resort for the wedding arrangements they have the requirements for weddings in Cuba for Canadians marrying Cubans.

I was married to my Cuban husband in a Holguin Resort and now in the immigration process

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
bpzasjb said:
He is in Moron. I do not have all the documents ready yet, we are planning for February. Going this way, can I just bring them with me when I go, or do I have to send them beforehand?(I have read this somewhere else) And do you happen to know if all resorts allow us to be married there?
you can get married in any resort in Cayo Coco,,,you have to bring the the documents for the wedding when you go,,and you have to see the notary 3 days before the wedding(first signature)...

if you bring more than 25 people the wedding can be for free,,,if you dont then you have to pay around 500 for the wedding at the hotel plus 900(notary fees)

Kit-Kat

Nov 14, 2014
In order to get married in Cuba you first need to get your documents legalized and certified with a Cuban Embassy or Consulate. For most people this means your birth certificate (long form original or notarized copy of your wallet), Affidavit of Single Status and/or Certificiate of Divorce. Once you have your documents there are valid for six months.

When you get married in Cuba the only two places that can legally marry a foreigner with a Cuban person is the Consultoria Juridica and/or a Bufete Internacional. These are lawywers who will perform a civil service. The costs are around 700 cuc to have the service at the offices of the lawyers. For a fee, the lawyers will go to a different location ie a hotel, a beach or a park etc., to marry you.