+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where should I send my passport from US: NY or LA?

CarlinaYamel

Oct 31, 2013
I got my passport request today after a month of waiting for a response to my online TRV application. I've reading some threads and I've seen the LA is faster than NY. What do you guys recommend? Please share your experiences.

robertwangbo

Nov 26, 2013
LA office is recommended.
I sent my pp last Wednesday and received USPS pick-up notice today. It took only one week incl. Thanksgiving Holiday.

anburaj1985

Nov 25, 2013
@ robertwangbo. Congrats. When did LA consulate receive your passport. Mine was received by them on Nov 29th.
robertwangbo said:
I sent my pp last Wednesday and received USPS pick-up notice today. It took only one week incl. Thanksgiving Holiday.

CarlinaYamel

Oct 31, 2013
robertwangbo said:
Wow congrats! Thank you for the recommendation. I will send mine to LA tomorrow morning.

qeandnz

Dec 6, 2013
Hi, @anburaj1985,
I am so glad to see your post. I got a problem because I forgot to record the tracking number of returning envolop when I sent the pp to LA.
I sent the passport on Nov. 20, but I dont know if they really recieved it or not. Can you see on the website when they recived it ?

On my file, it says application was finalized, and approved, closed. And last update by CIC is Nov. 30. So do you know if this means my passport has been stamped and ready to ship or shipped already, according to your case? Or say, does it take a couple of days to ship the pp after "last update by CIC"?

Wishes to your passport.

anburaj1985 said:
@ robertwangbo. Congrats. When did LA consulate receive your passport. Mine was received by them on Nov 29th.

qeandnz

Dec 6, 2013
@ Wangbo,
Hi, I got a problem because I forgot to record the tracking number of returning envolop when I sent the pp to LA.
I sent the passport on Nov. 20, but I dont know if they really recieved it or not.
Did you get any message or update on the CIC website as to when they recive your pp, when they finished stamping and shipped your passport.

I saw only "finalized", closed, approved, last update by CIC on Nov. 30 on the webiste, is this the case for you?

Thank you
Huang

robertwangbo said:

qeandnz

Dec 6, 2013
Big congrats,
Did you get any notice from CIC website when the passport was ready and shipped?

Thank you
anburaj1985 said:
My return USPS envelope activated. I should get it by today.

strikereureka

Nov 22, 2013
Hi Guys,
I got the Passport request today. I have my flight on Dec 19th. Where do should I send my passport to? I applied for TRV on Nov 20th from USA(I am an F1 student). Based on the threads here, they say LA is faster. I stay on the East COast though. Please help.

robertwangbo

Nov 26, 2013
strikereureka said:
Hi Guys,
I got the Passport request today. I have my flight on Dec 19th. Where do should I send my passport to? I applied for TRV on Nov 20th from USA(I am an F1 student). Based on the threads here, they say LA is faster. I stay on the East COast though. Please help.
I think LA is better. Ignore the time of transporting, most express mails are delivered over night within the US.

anburaj1985

Nov 25, 2013
I think ur passpoer was shipped. Mine also says Application was approved and USPS activated that evening.

qeandnz said:
Hi, @ anburaj1985,
I am so glad to see your post. I got a problem because I forgot to record the tracking number of returning envolop when I sent the pp to LA.
I sent the passport on Nov. 20, but I dont know if they really recieved it or not. Can you see on the website when they recived it ?

On my file, it says application was finalized, and approved, closed. And last update by CIC is Nov. 30. So do you know if this means my passport has been stamped and ready to ship or shipped already, according to your case? Or say, does it take a couple of days to ship the pp after "last update by CIC"?

Wishes to your passport.