+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where do I stand??

Charly

Oct 6, 2009
Hi there,

I am currently in Canada on a holiday visa that expires at the end of December. I dont wish to return to Ireland yet and I have already used my working visa two years ago.

If I found a sponsor who I could work for here what would be my next step??
Is there any other way that would allow me to stay??

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!!

Regards,
Charly

colmforest

Sep 2, 2009
Hey Charly,

Unfortunately, once you find a company that is willing to hire you, you have a long way to go from there. I recommend you read up on everything on the Canadian Immigration website. If I were to cram everything in to one sentance, you're going to need your future employer to re-advertise the position you applied for on the Government of Job Bank Canada website for at least two weeks, put together an application saying that you were the only person possible to carry out this position, and wait the best part of 2/3 months before you get the whole process finished and an approved visa. All this, assuming, your chosen career is deemed highly-skilled enough.

If you can find an employer who's willing to do that, then you're taking a step in the right direction.

All The Best Mate!

Colm

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
colmforest is right. The employer needs to apply for a labour market opinion for you to be able to apply for a work permit. If he gets one, you just take it to the border and $150 to apply for your work permit. If the employer is denied a labour market opinion, he can apply for arranged employment which is easier to get and you can use that to either apply for your immigration as a skilled worker if you qualify or depending on the province, you may be able to apply for your immigration through a provincial nominee program.

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Leon,
For arranged employment does the employer have to advertise on the newpaper or job sites?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, you can find info on applying for AEO here: http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/supperimm.shtml