+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where do I need to inform my new SIN after getting a PR? (I had a temporary one before)

mig_akira

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Hey everyone. I had a temporary SIN while I was under a work permit. Now that I'm a PR, I have a new SIN.
I've updated my main bank and my employer files. But what else do I need to update?

Do I need to call all my credit cards to update them as well? What about Equifax and TransUnion, do I need to do anything about those? In that sense, do I lose my credit, or is my credit history remains exactly the same, just with a new SIN?

Thanks!

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hey everyone. I had a temporary SIN while I was under a work permit. Now that I'm a PR, I have a new SIN.
I've updated my main bank and my employer files. But what else do I need to update?

Do I need to call all my credit cards to update them as well? What about Equifax and TransUnion, do I need to do anything about those? In that sense, do I lose my credit, or is my credit history remains exactly the same, just with a new SIN?

Thanks!
You need to update CRA and make new account with new sin number. Your old account will automatically get synced with new one .

Reactions: mig_akira