+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where can I buy fully refundable one way tickets from Canada to England????

Phil_Taylor

Feb 24, 2010
I need to buy a fully refundable ticket to anywhere in England from Canada in order to show I will leave after my alloted time in the country.

I only need it to get through immigration and after that I will cancel it and purchase a new ticket with my partner back to England.

I've had no luck finding one so far.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

imigrate

Star Member
Nov 16, 2009
You may want to contact a travel agent.
Instead of looking for fully refundable ticket, you could purchase non-refundable ticket that allows date change for a fee.

For example, if you purchase ticket through Air Canada, you could choose the Tango Plus class. This ticket is non-refundable, however you could change the date on the ticket by paying $75 (not sure of the amount) and the fare difference for the new travel date.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imigrate said:
You may want to contact a travel agent.
Instead of looking for fully refundable ticket, you could purchase non-refundable ticket that allows date change for a fee.

For example, if you purchase ticket through Air Canada, you could choose the Tango Plus class. This ticket is non-refundable, however you could change the date on the ticket by paying $75 (not sure of the amount) and the fare difference for the new travel date.
Tango fares can also be changed, the fee for this is $150 CAN.
This link does not show the price.
http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/oneway/index_europe.html

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Phil: When you buy a ticket back to the "mother" country, eventually, will it be round trip or one-way?

I guess you know that one-ways are about 2/3 the cost of a round-trip ticket. So rather than buy two one-way tickets, one to Canada, on from Canada, it might be better to buy a round-trip in the first place, and pay the fee to change the return date.

If this advice is too late, I can't imagine why you can't buy a refundable one-way. Call Air Canada (for example); they dropped the $25 fee to deal with a live person. But in extremis, buy a round-trip; after all, you're going to cash it anyway.

Phil_Taylor

Feb 24, 2010
toby said:
Phil: When you buy a ticket back to the "mother" country, eventually, will it be round trip or one-way?

I guess you know that one-ways are about 2/3 the cost of a round-trip ticket. So rather than buy two one-way tickets, one to Canada, on from Canada, it might be better to buy a round-trip in the first place, and pay the fee to change the return date.

If this advice is too late, I can't imagine why you can't buy a refundable one-way. Call Air Canada (for example); they dropped the $25 fee to deal with a live person. But in extremis, buy a round-trip; after all, you're going to cash it anyway.
I have bought my ticket to Canada already, but it is one way.

I am flying back with my partner, but the date is unsure at the moment.

I want to buy a refundable ticket to satisfy immigration that I will be leaving the country, but I intend to refund the ticket back to England and buy a ticket to England with my partner.

It doesn't need to be a good ticket as I won't be using it.

Any advice on where I can buy one?