+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When will my PR application pass the completeness check?

murchu27

Aug 29, 2024
Hi folks! Couldn't find an answer to the above question by searching through the forums. If I've missed something and it's been answered before, I'd appreciate if someone could send a link :)

I have submitted my application online for PR under CEC on Aug 31, and received my AOR. Now I want to apply for BOWP.
I know that I can apply for BOWP right now, as I have my AOR, but I am wary of it being refused if my PR application gets rejected as incomplete. I'm fairly confident my application will be fine, but I'm just being careful before throwing away $510 (for both my partner and I).
So my question is, when (even roughly) will I find out if my PR application passed the completeness check? i.e., when can I be sure that my PR application won't get rejected as incomplete? Does this happen late in the PR review process? First few weeks? Or is this a "how long is a piece of string" question?

Would appreciate any insight that people have!

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
Usually and normally when your UCI is changed from CAN##### and you get your medicals and biometrics requests. Then you are good and have passed the completeness check.

To be 100 % sure, you can only see it in the GCMS notes.

Saba91

Star Member
May 16, 2024
Usually and normally when your UCI is changed from CAN##### and you get your medicals and biometrics requests. Then you are good and have passed the completeness check.

To be 100 % sure, you can only see it in the GCMS notes.
my UCI changed from CAN to 8 digits but still no BIL/MIL. Is this normal? Strange they didnt send the BIL/MIL yet.

what does the UCI update mean and why they didnt send these letters yet? Any thoughts, please ?

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
my UCI changed from CAN to 8 digits but still no BIL/MIL. Is this normal? Strange they didnt send the BIL/MIL yet.

what does the UCI update mean and why they didnt send these letters yet? Any thoughts, please ?
It's common. Just wait. Nobody can tell you why except for GCMS notes.

murchu27

Aug 29, 2024
From what I can tell, it seems like you can only request GCMS notes *after* the application has passed the completeness check, and after the UCI is changed from the temporary CAN##### number.
See here: https://www.canadavisa.com/gcms-notes.html

Everything that I'm seeing on the IRCC website just says that the only way to get updates on the application is to use the Application Status Tracker. But I can't sign up for the Tracker, because I don't have my proper UCI!

I tried calling IRCC to see if they have an estimate of how long it takes to pass the completeness check. Went through the automated menus for 10 minutes, only to be told "We can't transfer you to an agent"... They don't make this easy :rolleyes:

I will send a message on the webform, and if I get a response, I'll drop it in here.

Apr 28, 2024
Hey everyone, I submitted PR application on July 19, 2024 and AOR is on July 19, 2024 as well. I'm PNP Outland,nominated through Ontario.

It's been 50 days since AOR and I haven't received my Biometric and Medical request.

Is this normal? Please let me know as I'm worried.

Saba91

Star Member
May 16, 2024
Hey everyone, I submitted PR application on July 19, 2024 and AOR is on July 19, 2024 as well. I'm PNP Outland,nominated through Ontario.

It's been 50 days since AOR and I haven't received my Biometric and Medical request.

Is this normal? Please let me know as I'm worried.
I got after 50 days, 51 to be exact.

dkruzz1990

Oct 13, 2023
Hi folks! Couldn't find an answer to the above question by searching through the forums. If I've missed something and it's been answered before, I'd appreciate if someone could send a link :)

I have submitted my application online for PR under CEC on Aug 31, and received my AOR. Now I want to apply for BOWP.
I know that I can apply for BOWP right now, as I have my AOR, but I am wary of it being refused if my PR application gets rejected as incomplete. I'm fairly confident my application will be fine, but I'm just being careful before throwing away $510 (for both my partner and I).
So my question is, when (even roughly) will I find out if my PR application passed the completeness check? i.e., when can I be sure that my PR application won't get rejected as incomplete? Does this happen late in the PR review process? First few weeks? Or is this a "how long is a piece of string" question?

Would appreciate any insight that people have!
Once you get BIL request you have passed the completeness check. Usually for inland CEC people its one month from AOR and for fsw people its pretty quick.