+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When will I be eligible for FSW and when for CEC?

jim123456

Mar 5, 2015
Hi there,

I am a little confused.

Since September I am under Post Graduation Work Permit and I am working full time.

My employer sent me on November and December in Europe for business in order to meet some clients, work from there and some paid vacations. During these 2 months I was being paid as if I was inside Canada.

Can I apply under CEC or FSW next September? Will I get points for 1 year of Canadian Experience in EE? Or the 'one year continuous' work started on January when I came back in Canada again?

thanks?

ReddyCan

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 8th/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
aah waiting waiting and waiting..
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Already in Canada!
When you said, you got paid as if you are working in Canada, that means your payroll ran here and you paid the taxes to Canada. You should be eligible to apply for CEC once you have a continuous full time work

jim123456

Mar 5, 2015
ReddyCan said:
When you said, you got paid as if you are working in Canada, that means your payroll ran here and you paid the taxes to Canada. You should be eligible to apply for CEC once you have a continuous full time work
Yep, exactly what I meant.The payment is automatic, so at the end of each month my salary was deposited in my Canadian bank account therefor I pay taxes to Canada.

My problem is, I read in this forum that CEC is about experience gained INSIDE Canada. So these 2 months do not count towards this 1 year of Canadian experience.

ReddyCan

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 8th/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
aah waiting waiting and waiting..
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Already in Canada!
This is a tough question - only super experts knows the correct answer

If I were you, I would write an email to CIC stating the same question and if they say, you CAN claim the experience - that's fine and you will have a record of it ( don't rely to contact CIC via phone and confirm anything ) and u'll get the points - yay!
But, if they say 'NO' - better wait for another 2 months

Still don't get the logic.. how come the work location matters, if an employee works for a client in Canada and paying the taxes to Canada :-\ and can't claim the experience ??? ::)

Babasalaa1

Mar 27, 2015
You perfectly qualified under CEC because it is your employer that sent you to Europe meaning you were working for the employer while in Europe