+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When should I stop working? / PGWP

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Hi everyone.

So I'm finishing my graduate certificate at Fanshawe this semester. My official last day of class is April 22nd. I am currently working part-time. As far as I know, I can't continue working beyond that date until I get my letter of completion and I submit my PGWP.

But a few days ago, I received an email from my college saying that the letter of completion would be ready until May 11. The email also states this:
Program Completion letters from Fanshawe
The Registrar's Office will be emailing Program Completion letters to your Fanshawe Online address by 8:00 pm on Wednesday, May 11, 2022. You can continue to work 20 hours/week until you receive the letter.
I also read the Canada.ca statement about student's work permits and this is what I found:
Working after you complete your study program
After you complete your study program, there are 2 ways you may be able to work full-time:

• you already applied for a work permit before your study permit expired or
  • you’re starting a new study program
You need to meet all the requirements listed below to work full-time. If we refuse your work or study permit application, you must stop working and leave Canada.
So my conclusion is that I can continue working part-time while I wait for my letter of completion, then apply for PGWP and then I can work full-time. I'll appreciate your comments, just want to be sure about this.

Reactions: prospectiveab

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
Yes, you can work part-time while waiting for letter of completion. You only need to stop working when you HAVE your letter of completion. Can start working full-time AFTER apply for PGWP. So it means if you receive the letter in the morning and apply for PGWP in that same day, you dont need to stop working at all.

Reactions: andrews17

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Yes, you can work part-time while waiting for letter of completion. You only need to stop working when you HAVE your letter of completion. Can start working full-time AFTER apply for PGWP. So it means if you receive the letter in the morning and apply for PGWP in that same day, you dont need to stop working at all.
Thanks, I was very confused with this.