+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When do you think it will stoper being points based

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
I'm thinking after the next draw or so they will start sending ITA's to those with specific FSW NOC applications. To me the whole point of the system is for the government to identify skill shortages and fill them with those who have those skills.

I wont be surprised if many who have NOC codes in skilled trades or "0" level occupations and low scores to be asked first.

The whole system is set up so they can pick and choose the criteria of those they want. I doubt it will be points based for much longer.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
Express entry steps

Step 1) Potential candidates complete an online Express Entry profile
Step 2) The highest-ranking candidates in the pool will be invited to apply for permanent residence

Source :- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/index.asp

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
dukhi said:
Express entry steps

Step 1) Potential candiapplication for permanent residence;
Candidate information that can be shared with third parties including other government departments; and,
How candidates will be notified about any matter relating to their expression of interest.
As required by IRPA, subsection 10.3(4), all Ministerial Instructions related to Express Entry must be published on CIC’s website. Some Ministerial Instructions must also be posted in the Canada Gazette.dates complete an online Express Entry profile
Step 2) The highest-ranking candidates in the pool will be invited to apply for permanent residence
well I know that. But the selection criteria is based on the ministers direction:

The Express Entry application management system will be primarily governed using Ministerial Instructions. These instructions are authorized by s.10.3(1) of the IRPA, which includes provisions that authorize the Minister to issue instructions to manage most features of the Express Entry system

How candidates will be ranked in the Express Entry pool

If his advice is that canada is really short of " Pogo stick dancers" he can juse instruct the next "pool" to be made up of the NOC code for Pogo Stick Dancers.

andy000

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015 :Quebec . 18-11-2016 : Federal
Doc's Request.
26-05-2016 : Birth Certificate (Quebec). RPRF paid Upfront. Australian PCC sent with application.(Federal)
Nomination.....
10-06-2016 : CSQ.
AOR Received.
07-12-2015 : Quebec . 17-02-2017 : Federal.
IELTS Request
Sent With Application.
File Transfer...
17-02-2017.
Med's Request
04-04-2017.
Med's Done....
13-04-2017. Passed : 20-04-2017
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
01-03-2018.
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2018.
LANDED..........
01-05-2018
The_Distant_One said:
well I know that. But the selection criteria is based on the ministers direction:

The Express Entry application management system will be primarily governed using Ministerial Instructions. These instructions are authorized by s.10.3(1) of the IRPA, which includes provisions that authorize the Minister to issue instructions to manage most features of the Express Entry system

If his advice is that canada is really short of " Pogo stick dancers" he can juse instruct the next "pool" to be made up of the NOC code for Pogo Stick Dancers.
Hahaha this comment just made my day ! =D

Dimitris

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
Doc's Request.
10-10-2016
Nomination.....
Pending
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
Here is my opinion.

I'm here in for 1.5 years and I'm working as a welder ( skilled occupation ) i don't have a lmo or lmia i came wit iec. My score is very low 250 i think.

So.....
i know many people who they are working as a cook or as a nanny and some other let's say low jobs they have lmo and some lmia and i want to say that Canada with this new systemwant more the cooks and the nanny's that me or other people with more education or hard working experience?? Doesnt make sense that new EE system.

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Dimitris said:
Here is my opinion.

I'm here in for 1.5 years and I'm working as a welder ( skilled occupation ) i don't have a lmo or lmia i came wit iec. My score is very low 250 i think.

So.....
i know many people who they are working as a cook or as a nanny and some other let's say low jobs they have lmo and some lmia and i want to say that Canada with this new systemwant more the cooks and the nanny's that me or other people with more education or hard working experience?? Doesnt make sense that new EE system.
[/quote

thats my point and where if I was you I'd be holding out hope. I'm assuming with the huge push to get apprentices one of the identified skill shortages will be tradies so they might decide to give all tradies an extra 600 points for the next round based on the NOC code you entered.

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The_Distant_One said:

I think that's one thing they said in the press conference they did on EE.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
I don't think it will happen anytime soon.