+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When can I ideally submit an application for PR?

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
Hello, I'm seeking guidance on determining the optimal timeline for submitting my PR application. Here's my current profile: My CRS score is 471, and I anticipate completing two years of CEC experience on September 1st (as IRCC system has a glitch due to which they calculate experience based on months). Consequently, my CRS score will increase to 496 after September 1st. Couple of scenarios:

In Scenario 1 (assuming a vacation allowance of two weeks per year): If I account for four weeks of vacation over the span of two years, my full two years of CEC will be achieved by October 15th.

In Scenario 2 (excluding two weeks of vacation spent outside of Canada): As I was continuously abroad for approximately 2.5 months last year, this foreign work experience cannot be considered as part of CEC. Consequently, I cannot deduct these two weeks of vacation and count them towards CEC. Under this scenario, I will complete two full years on October 31st.

Which scenario is more advisable? Additionally, if I were to receive an ITA in the first or second week of September, would it be acceptable to accept the ITA and submit my application around November 1st (approximately 1.5 months after receiving the ITA)?