+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

whats wrong with PGWP's nowdays?

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
People are supposed to get a 3 years of PGWP after studying in Canada for 2 years(16 months), but alotta post are comming up where people are granted only 24 months or even less...I even had a personal experience with a friend who was granted a 2 years permit only after 2 years of studies here in Canada, and his passport had 5 years on it..Anybody want to comment on it? I hope they are not being discretionary in granting those permits.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
icecool222 said:
People are supposed to get a 3 years of PGWP after studying in Canada for 2 years(16 months), but alotta post are comming up where people are granted only 24 months or even less...I even had a personal experience with a friend who was granted a 2 years permit only after 2 years of studies here in Canada, and his passport had 5 years on it..Anybody want to comment on it? I hope they are not being discretionary in granting those permits.
If an IO made a mistake in the permit then you can send it back asking for a reconsideration as the proper Regulations were not applied when it was issued. They will fix it if you are right.

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
rjessome said:
If an IO made a mistake in the permit then you can send it back asking for a reconsideration as the proper Regulations were not applied when it was issued. They will fix it if you are right.
naw i am still studying but just wanted to make sure that graduates are still recieving 3 years of permit after 16 months of studies.

jagga

Feb 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
10 June 2014
Med's Request
2 feb 2016- remedical
Med's Done....
5 feb 2016-remedical
Interview........
1 feb 2016 (Application approved)
Passport Req..
8 MAY 2017
VISA ISSUED...
17 MAY 2017
LANDED..........
20 MAY 2017
hi all,,me and one of ma friend got 3yrs pgwp last week,,,

jagga

Feb 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
10 June 2014
Med's Request
2 feb 2016- remedical
Med's Done....
5 feb 2016-remedical
Interview........
1 feb 2016 (Application approved)
Passport Req..
8 MAY 2017
VISA ISSUED...
17 MAY 2017
LANDED..........
20 MAY 2017
officially 2 yrs,,,finished in 16 months,,,,4 semesters,,,,,,i dont think so that therez any problems with pgwp,,,,actually 6 of ma friends got 3yr wp in last month or so,,,so chill,,, ;)

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
jagga said:
officially 2 yrs,,,finished in 16 months,,,,4 semesters,,,,,,i dont think so that therez any problems with pgwp,,,,actually 6 of ma friends got 3yr wp in last month or so,,,so chill,,, ;)
thanks, as you can understand i am always a little nervous about PGWP because i am still studying.

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI guys, I'm actually studying at a community college here in Canada, I'll be studying EET ( 2yr course)

I need some help here

Q1.what are the requirements considered in real time for a 3 yr PGWP ? do they see only consider the 2 yr span academics while in Canada?

Q2. Will a post secondary diploma in EET be valid for me in order to meet the requirements for PR under CEC?
( apart from the 1 yr work exp under NOC B)

responses will be highly appreciated

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

1. To be eligible for a 3 year PGWP you must complete a 2 year post-secondary educational credential (full-time studies) of at least 16 months (8 months per academic year) from a public, provincially recognized Canadian university, community college, CEGEP or trade/technical school or a provincially recognized private college/university. So yes, they only consider the studies completed in Canada.

2. They will consider it valid as long as it was obtained at an educational institution as described above.

You will also have to meet the language requirements by achieving the appropriate score in IELTS for the skill level of the work experience.

Hope that helps.

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
rjessome said:
Hi,

1. To be eligible for a 3 year PGWP you must complete a 2 year post-secondary educational credential (full-time studies) of at least 16 months (8 months per academic year) from a public, provincially recognized Canadian university, community college, CEGEP or trade/technical school or a provincially recognized private college/university. So yes, they only consider the studies completed in Canada.

2. They will consider it valid as long as it was obtained at an educational institution as described above.

You will also have to meet the language requirements by achieving the appropriate score in IELTS for the skill level of the work experience.

Hope that helps.

I dropped one course in the winters and took it in the summers...So for that one course i was part time for the summers, will that effect my PGWP in anyway? cuz i was still full time in winter and i am still full time this fall.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
icecool222 said:
I dropped one course in the winters and took it in the summers...So for that one course i was part time for the summers, will that effect my PGWP in anyway? cuz i was still full time in winter and i am still full time this fall.
No, you should be fine.