+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What's the NOC code for Game Designer (not a programmer or visual designer)? Help needed

songoftruth

Jul 21, 2022
Hey guys! ;)Are there any game designers here?

I wonder a game systems designer can be qualified for NOC. I have been working as a game designer for a mobile game. But as I checked the codes in the NOC job list, I feel a bit confused - I'm not a coder or a typical illustrator (though I did UI/UX tasks like drawing wireframes); for most of the time I just designed the game systems and CG for a mobile game and write documents for coders.

Here's a list of jobs that may be related to my field:

Software engineers and designers (2173)

Software engineers and designers research, design, evaluate, integrate and maintain software applications, technical environments, operating systems, embedded software, information warehouses and telecommunications software.

(if games are considered as software then this description may match better)

Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers (2174)

Interactive media developers write, modify, integrate and test computer code for Internet applications, computer-based training software, computer games, film, video and other interactive media.

(games are definitely interactive media, but the thing is that I don't deal with coding...)

Graphic Designers and Illustrators (5241)

(I don't think I deal with illustration a lot)

If there are game designers (level or systems designers) here, could you provide some insights? Thanks guys!

Last edited: