+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What's the longest time security check can take?

yingying

Jun 6, 2019
I'm a CEC inland applicant (family of 2). AOR is June 17, 2018 -- so officially one year has passed.
I called and was advised:
- Eligibility passed in July 2018
- Criminality and Security began in July 2018 (after eligibility passed), still in progress, no timeline can be provided to me

I have ordered CBSA notes recently but haven't received them yet, but I think I must be under security screening... And even if I receive CBSA notes, not sure what I can do about it except continue waiting.

My question is what's the longest time security check can take? The agents say there's no timeline or deadline, but it can't be going on forever indefinitely, right? Mine has been almost a year. I'm so worried that they just lost or forgot about our file.

If I still don't hear anything from them in a few months, is there anything I can do? At least to make sure that our file is not forgotten?

Thanks!!

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
I'm a CEC inland applicant (family of 2). AOR is June 17, 2018 -- so officially one year has passed.
I called and was advised:
- Eligibility passed in July 2018
- Criminality and Security began in July 2018 (after eligibility passed), still in progress, no timeline can be provided to me

I have ordered CBSA notes recently but haven't received them yet, but I think I must be under security screening... And even if I receive CBSA notes, not sure what I can do about it except continue waiting.

My question is what's the longest time security check can take? The agents say there's no timeline or deadline, but it can't be going on forever indefinitely, right? Mine has been almost a year. I'm so worried that they just lost or forgot about our file.

If I still don't hear anything from them in a few months, is there anything I can do? At least to make sure that our file is not forgotten?

Thanks!!
I guess you wait another year and go for Mandamus or smth like that (basically suing IRCC).

Reactions: yingying

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
You can ask your MP to contact IRCC but the process is very unlikely to be accelerated, especially if you are chosen for security screening. Realistically, you just wait and hope for the best.
Or you can go for mandamus but it should really be your last resort

Reactions: yingying

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
You can ask your MP to contact IRCC but the process is very unlikely to be accelerated, especially if you are chosen for security screening. Realistically, you just wait and hope for the best.
Or you can go for mandamus but it should really be your last resort
MPs are useless as far as I know.